1988.05.25 - Post Logic Studios, Hollywood, CA

is it shocking?
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Master tapes for Nothing Shocking

Post by Mike »

I spotted this on Facebook recently and was wondering if the “old mixes” of Ocean Size and Summertime Rolls have leaked out at any point?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

1988.05.25 - Post Logic Studios, Hollywood, CA

Post by Mike »

That picture of the Nothing Shocking master tapes was posted by Lotus Mastering on Facebook on September 11 of last year.

I wasn’t diligently working in this section when it was posted but I saved the picture nonetheless. I’m curious if the date in the upper left-hand corner of the tape boxes is the recording sessions date? I’m also curious if Post Logic was the studio where it was recorded?

Interwoven this is more up your alley. What say you?

PS I’m still curious if those songs I mentioned in my above post have leaked out?
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: 1988.05.25 - Post Logic Studios, Hollywood, CA

Post by Mike »

Here’s what Lotus Mastering said about the tapes when they posted them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

That's probably the mix date. Nothing's Shocking was mixed at Post Logic Studios:

janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

They got back to me on Facebook and this was the date the album was mastered. I’ll post details later tonight after I get home from work.