1990.08.21 Brixton Academy, London, England

the habitual ritual
Mike
Addicted Archivist

1990.08.21 Brixton Academy, London, England

Post by Mike »

This show along with the June 1990 Mexico City show and the 1990 BBC television show have remained unconfirmed despite my best efforts to find concrete proof that they took place.

I recently found the following ticket stub for this show on ebay but alas there's no mention of Jane's on it.

I ran across a Wonder Stuff website that lists this show with Jane's as the support act but they also list Jane's as the support act for the show on August 22nd and we know that didn't happen.

http://www.room512.com/tourdates_1990.htm

Does anyone out there have anything that proves beyond a doubt that this show did indeed take place?
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
theboytaity
Luddite

Re: 1990.08.21 Brixton Academy, London, England

Post by theboytaity »

Yes - it definitely did happen - I went, first time I saw them. Got the ticket stub myself as well. I was musing tonight and thought I would google it, which brought me here. You might not get too much solid evidence, but if you can get hold of a bootleg (which in those days were recorded on tape cassette held above the head) you will hear Miles Hunt (wonder stuff) say “Hope little Jane’s Addiction didn’t scare you children...they scared me”.

The wonder stuff were obviously Janes’ fans – they have a snippet of Jane Says on live tracks from their on a b-side from a year or so before that gig.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

theboytaity wrote:Yes - it definitely did happen - I went, first time I saw them. Got the ticket stub myself as well. I was musing tonight and thought I would google it, which brought me here. You might not get too much solid evidence, but if you can get hold of a bootleg (which in those days were recorded on tape cassette held above the head) you will hear Miles Hunt (wonder stuff) say “Hope little Jane’s Addiction didn’t scare you children...they scared me”.

The wonder stuff were obviously Janes’ fans – they have a snippet of Jane Says on live tracks from their on a b-side from a year or so before that gig.
Thanks for the info. I'm really curious about the Jane Says snippet you say they used? I don't remember hearing about this before.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
theboytaity
Luddite

Post by theboytaity »

It was a cover of John Lennon's 'Gimme Some Truth" on the b-side of the circlesquare single/ep. It is also on the Hup 21st annversary edition. Apparently 'Piece of Sky' was insprired by JA, but that is just something I have read.

http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=68557432&ac=now

Listen from about 4m 30s
theboytaity
Luddite

Post by theboytaity »

Not sure if you post links -

song was/is gimme some truth, the_wonder_stuff on their my space page. listen at 4m 30s

I might have the vinyl somewhere and if I can find it I will give you the date of the gig it was recorded at. Having checked google - it was on the Golden Green single b-side, and apprently wasn't released in the US.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Here’s another ticket stub for this date. I still haven’t been able to find anything with “Jane’s Addiction“ on it or in it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

*BOOM* Confirmed - see the last paragraph

janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Sweet! I figured we might find something once we started looking into the papers from England.