1990.10.19 - Melkweg, Amsterdam, Netherlands

the habitual ritual
intertwoven
Jedi

1990.10.19 - Melkweg, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Post by intertwoven »

Filth recently made me aware of this previously uncirculated live recording that quietly popped up on YouTube a while back. According to our archives here, this show was previously only known to have an incomplete audio recording. This video is nearly complete (though the first part of Beach is missing). Picture quality is excellent for a video from the time, as it was shot with a tripod from the center back-of-house. Great angle; nice and steady. Unfortunately the sound suffers a little from crackle/pop of the VHS degrading. But still worth checking out.

The partial setlist currently listed on the site is close, but switches Ocean and Mountain. The audio recording I have matches with the video, and I think the mixup came from the published review that erroneously stated Mountain Song was the final song of the night.. And it tracks that Ocean was much more likely to be the set closer than Mountain based on their typical setlists. The review also mentions the "small preach halfway through 'Pigs in Zen'. Moral of the story: 'Fuck first, think later'." That's in the video, so that should confirm the recording is correctly labeled.

set:
Up The Beach (joined in progress)
Whores
No One's Leaving
Ain't No Right
Standing In The Shower... Thinking
Three Days <---the circulated audio recording begins in the middle of this song
Been Caught Stealing
Summertime Rolls
Mountains Song
Pigs In Zen (during rant: "Don't think so much. It makes you sad. Fuck first, then think, and you'll never be mad.")
Stop!
(encore break)
Ted, Just Admit It...
Ocean Size (Perry says "Do you want it?" right before "3, 4!")
helicine
I Fix Shit

Re: 1990.10.19 - Melkweg, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Post by helicine »

Excellent - thanks for sharing that. I updated the setlist accordingly :cheers:
janesaddiction.org