About This Section

Tour history discoveries & ephemera
Mike
Addicted Archivist

About This Section

Post by Mike »

For those that don't know I started working on a section with this same name on the other site back in December of 2006.
In the three plus years since we have been able to add dozens of shows to the Jane's Addiction tour history.
In addition we've been able to confirm countless other shows via newsprint, ticket stubs, flyers, posters, etc.

Our area of focus is the bands inception in September / October of 1985 to the break up in September of 1991.

What we'll try and do here is find lost shows and confirm known shows.
This info will then be added to our database in the tour dates section.

You can help!

Please visit our tour date section and have a look at the dates.

Is there a show you attended that's not listed?
Do you see a show there that's not confirmed that you have info on?
Do you have a ticket stub, flyer, or poster we're missing that you can scan or take a pic of?

If you answered yes to any of these questions then we want to hear from you and we want your help!

Thanks
Mike
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: About This Section

Post by Mike »

I just wanted to point out for those of you that don't visit the site news section of this forum to often that Erik has overhauled the tour dates section of the site.

You won't notice a huge difference at fist glance but the changes he's made will make my work much easier.
They will also make things easier to find for anyone looking for a particular type of show.

What he's done is incorporate features that allow you to filter the shows in a variety of different ways.

There are now a total of seven different "types" of shows.
They include: concert, rehearsal, radio, tv, studio, private, and DJ.

In addition you can further filter the types of shows based on their "status".
In the status category we include: unconfirmed, confirmed, questionable, disputed, and debunked.

There's still work to be done to update each shows type and status.
There are after all close to 2,000 shows listed but we're working to get it done.

So if you haven't visited the tour dates section recently head over there and check it out.
Have some fun with the new features and let us know what you like or dislike about it.

More importantly at least in regard to this section, let us know if you see anything that's incorrect.

Lastly I want to thank Erik for all his hard work getting these upgrades incorporated into the site! :applause:
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."