1987.03.29 Goodies, Fullerton, CA

early daze
filthpurveyer
Club Lingerie

Re: 1987.03.29 Goodies, Fullerton, CA

Post by filthpurveyer »

Nicky Fidget wrote:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Electric ... =3&theater My Band ECA opened this show. I have a VHS of Janes set somewhere. Decent quality. I'll try to dig it out and share it.......
No shit? I'd be happy to help in any way for a chance to see this. Please let us know what we can do in the JA community to help this video see the light of day. Thank you very much for the info and I'm looking forward to seeing this vid.
:rockon:
filthpurveyer
Club Lingerie

Post by filthpurveyer »

Just as I thought, nothing! I figured as much.
michilllie
Luddite

Post by michilllie »

Mike, years later, I found this post again....Yes!!! Jane's played with Agent Orange and Electric Cool Aide....I was at THAT show (not a show with Sea Hags, JA & Vandals)....That show I remember because I went with my BF and I bought the tix as a gift because AO was one of his favorite bands (for some reason, years later, I mixed that night up with the Vandals). That was my first run in with Jane's. I now remember the Tender Fury lineup with the Vandals and Sea Hags...not Janes...Like I said before...anything that happened after Jane's (and apparently before) that night was completely erased from my mind because they just blew me away.
I do not remember going to a June Jane's show at Goodies. But I'm pretty sure my best friend went to it. I remember her telling me she saw them again and gave me their live cassette shortly after.

I'm pretty sure I saw them at least two more times in '87. I remember they opened up for Love and Rockets at Bren Events (one of the songs in between shows was the Sugar Cubes' "Birthday")...and I think that was the show where Perry had a well placed hole in his bike shorts.
The other gig was in LA, I think it was at the Variety Arts Center...it was just about the time I got the cassette. I don't remember anyone else playing with them that night. I do remember X was playing that night too, and I chose Jane's over X...they had the "4th of July" song out.

No, no ticket stub...overly religious parents threw all my concert/music stuff away.

Oh, and screw Jim Washburn...Bowie at Anaheim on his Glass Spider Tour was one of the best shows I have ever seen....could also be because I sat next to Daniel Ash at the show. He was just lovely. He drew me pics on my ticket stub (overly religious parents threw that away too). He also mentioned the Sugar Cubes to me at that show (I asked him what he was listening to)...so I immediately hunted them down and it's why I remember that L&A played their music in between sets at the Dec show.

Sorry my memory is so hazy...that was such a good year for music...everyone was playing, old and new. I saw someone at least once a week it seemed...between buying music and tix, I had no money left over...hahaha

Over the years, I have seen Jane's countless times both opening for others and headlining (a couple times at John Anson Ford, Wiltern (for my bday), Universal, Palace, Palladium, Henry Fonda, and others...I was hooked) . One of my absolute favorite live bands, though I was pretty critical of their Lollapalooza/X-fest show in SD...Perry seemed really off that day. Found out later it was because he had originally agreed to share the name of the festival with X-fest (91X) and then wanted to change it to just Lollapalooza by itself. It was the first year of Lolla and he wasn't sure it would be successful and X-fest was already an established festival, so he signed up as a joint venture, but Lolla was taking off and he wanted the name on its own(I was working a little bit for 91X at the time and that's the story I was told)...side note: Body Count blew me away that day.
Kevin from SF
Black Radio Club

Post by Kevin from SF »

Sean, I just messaged "Nicky Fidget" on his FB page, asking about the VHS Jane's footage. Let's see if money talks and bullshit walks!
filthpurveyer
Club Lingerie

Post by filthpurveyer »

Kevin from SF wrote:Sean, I just messaged "Nicky Fidget" on his FB page, asking about the VHS Jane's footage. Let's see if money talks and bullshit walks!

If money is all it will take then count me in bro!
Kevin from SF
Black Radio Club

Post by Kevin from SF »

Sean, here is what I sent him:
"No prob, Nicky.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!
If it is any incentive, I will pay you $500 for the video should you happen to find it.
Cheers,
-Kevin from SF"

He replied: "That's worth a garage cleaning!"

...but that was a few weeks ago.
filthpurveyer
Club Lingerie

Post by filthpurveyer »

Kevin from SF wrote:Sean, here is what I sent him:
"No prob, Nicky.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!
If it is any incentive, I will pay you $500 for the video should you happen to find it.
Cheers,
-Kevin from SF"

He replied: "That's worth a garage cleaning!"

...but that was a few weeks ago.
Yeah, Charles called me and said as much, thanks for keeping up the pressure.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: 1987.03.29 - Goodies, Fullerton, CA

Post by Mike »

March 29, 1987 - Goodies, Fullerton, CA
We have about a half a dozen flyers already for this show but we don’t have these two.
BA0010F7-5A4F-4814-B707-79AC91952654.jpeg
9A97A354-4F84-4DD3-8256-64DEF875DDC9.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."