English Acid-Perry on Naked Drums

Tour history discoveries & ephemera
michael_e
Black Radio Club

Perry and Bob Forest

Post by michael_e »

Did anyone go to the Show at English acid around 1993-1995, where Thelonious Monster was supposed to play. But instead It was bob forest singing, Perry (naked) on drums. MArtyn on bass and keith Morris on guitar. I was there were you? I think someone was taping it too. I have a foggy memory of the incident. But remember leaving the club with perry in front of me walking out with a asian girl and getting into a green Lexus naked.
pyro99
Power Tools

Post by pyro99 »

Never heard of that show. Sounds fantastic!!! Where exactly was English Acid, i have a faint memory of attending a show there with Concrete Blonde playing and a band called Crash worship opening in 1993 or 94. The memories of all the good shows during all the time. I also remember when RHCPs played at the Dragonfly in 1993. I think that was one of the first small shows with Dave. It was awesome, they did Sound and Vision and Seek and Destroy as their covers. Then, if i remember corectly, they played a club called Moguls and did a couple of Bush covers-couldn't remember if it was a joke or if they were serious? During that time i saw some really good small shows, alas P4P at the Viper Room circa 1994. Seeing Shows in Hollywood sucks now.
michael_e
Black Radio Club

English Acid

Post by michael_e »

It was thursday nights at Peanuts.... I also saw John Furshante paly there with Thelonious Monster. I was a big Thelonious Monster fan.
pyro99
Power Tools

Post by pyro99 »

Ah yes Peanuts. My friends and i would call it 7969 for short. The address was 7969 Santa Monica Blvd, correct? If it was the place i am thinking. There was a club called Sin-a-Matic there on Saturdays. It was like a industrial/fetish club. I saw Psychic Tv there and they were hosting a tribute to dance music there. They played some really good music in that club. I remember a really good Mexican food place across the street.
michael_e
Black Radio Club

yeah

Post by michael_e »

Thats the place....MAn Sin a matic that was crazy.....I saw some crazy stuff there too.....Did you ever go to JabberJAw in pico union?
pyro99
Power Tools

Post by pyro99 »

I still am a Monster fan. Bob!!! Did you see when Thelonious Monster got back together a few years a go for a couple of shows? They played small club on Schroader av. in Hollywood and Bob soon opened up with his band then Clara(Fleas daughter) band played, the Tints. Pretty good show. I remember Bob standing in the back with Flea and some friends and saying "Did you ever think we would be sharing the stage with our kids?" Flea was in disbelief and said"no." Few weeks later The tints opened up for the Panic Channel. Dave said he remembers being on the Chilli Peppers bus and Clara being like 10 years old. :shock:
pyro99
Power Tools

Post by pyro99 »

Yes Jabberjaw was cool. As i remember they didn't serve alcohol and it was all ages. I saw Nirvana, Hole and Tad there around 90 or 91.
innerturmoil
Be Live

Post by innerturmoil »

Talking about Basketball, Artist Area, Coachella 2007
Photo by myself.
michael_e
Black Radio Club

autograph

Post by michael_e »

speaking of Bob Forest, I saw thelonious monster in the early 90's ( the 90's are really foggy to me) and I was going out with this girl who would die for morriessy. Any way the gig was in the afternoon at the UC riverside campus. After the gig Bob signed a morriessy "tape" Cover i had in my car, he wrote "this music is love" ....I'll post it when i get home.....My memory is comming back to me now that i;ve been sober for 10 years.
michael_e
Black Radio Club

Thelonious Monster and the Gift

Post by michael_e »

I remember seeing Thelonious monster at English acid around the time the Gift came out. TMonster had this elaborate stage, kinda a janes addictionish, with candles,insence and tv's. Anyway, on the monitor they were playing the Gift. Bob Forest was singing and every so often would glance at the movie. Then on the part where Pete Weiss came out, (the stripper Party at Perry's house) Bob stoppet singing and said .Hey look there's pete.......It was funny and yes "you had to be there!