1988.12.02 Mabel's, Champaign, IL

is it shocking?
Mike
Addicted Archivist

1988.12.02 Mabel's, Champaign, IL

Post by Mike »

Well it's only taken four and a half years but thanks to Susan from the Mabel's fan page on facebook I can finally tell you that the correct date of this show is December 2, 1988!

This date was added to the database based on it having been mentioned on page 133 of David Thompson's book The Saga of a Hypester.

As much as David gets ragged on for getting some things wrong in his book I gotta give him props as show after show he mentioned in his book end up getting confirmed.

When we first added this one to the database we listed it as taking place on 1?/??/1988.
Then based on fan memory we moved it to 11/24/1988 in between the two Cabaret Metro shows.

Now thanks to Susan we finally have it right. :cool:

December 02, 1988 - Mabel's, Champaign, IL
http://janesaddiction.org/tour/show/jan ... 2-02/1568/

"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
helicine
I Fix Shit

Re: 1988.12.02 Mabel's, Champaign, IL

Post by helicine »

:thumb:

that's pretty awesome, I was actually on Mabel's FB page yesterday digging around some of their newer images :lol:
janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

helicine wrote::thumb:

that's pretty awesome, I was actually on Mabel's FB page yesterday digging around some of their newer images :lol:
They updated the group yesterday and I commented on my post requesting info on this show but got nothing.
Then late last night Susan posted about going to the show and I pounced on the opportunity in hopes of finally getting this one resolved.

Susan was really sweet and scanned and emailed me her ticket within minutes of me asking her for it.
She's a lot like other fans I've run across over the years in that she was more than willing to help the cause.

It's fans like her that make doing what we do in this section possible in many instances.

Knowing the exact date of this show makes the dates of the surrounding shows come just a little more into focus.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
sonny
Drama Queen

Post by sonny »

wow, $6...
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

sonny wrote:wow, $6...
She got ripped off! :lol:

I only paid $5 when I saw them a few days later here in Cleveland.

December 06, 1988 - Peabody's Down Under, Cleveland, OH
http://janesaddiction.org/tour/show/jan ... 12-06/362/

Of course I got ripped off too when you consider they did some shows for as little as $2 back in the day. :lol:

May 29, 1986 - Music Machine, Los Angeles, CA
http://janesaddiction.org/tour/show/jan ... 5-29/2080/
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

Fuck that shit, Psi-Com's first gig was free and they gave you food too!
janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

:lmao:
tSquip
Luddite

Post by tSquip »

This was my first Jane's Addiction show. Amazing.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Here are a couple of ads or flyers and the set list for this show. I found them all on the Mabel’s Facebook page. It’s pretty cool to be able to add the set list and opening act to this shows listing after all these years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.