1987.07.09 Xenon West, Ventura, CA

early daze
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: 1986.07.09 Xenon West, Ventura, CA

Post by Mike »

Mike wrote:I plan to change this show's date from 1986 to 1987 based on the facts that I presented above.
This will mean that the unconfirmed Kennel Club show on the same date will have its status changed to debunked.
I've made the changes I mentioned above to these dates corresponding tour dates pages.
I marked the Kennel Club show questionable instead of marking it debunked as I'd planned.

July 09, 1987 - Kennel Club, San Francisco, CA
http://janesaddiction.org/tour/show/jan ... 07-09/386/
Show Information:

We believe this show is a misdate based on flyer art for the Xenon West show we list as taking place on the same date (July 9th) and information supplied by the Xenon West facebook group.
July 09, 1987 - Xenon West, Ventura, CA
http://janesaddiction.org/tour/show/jan ... 7-09/1848/
Show Information:

Previously it was thought that this show took place in July of 1986. However based on the flyer art that mentions Jane's being named "L.A.'s best underground band" (an award the band didn't receive until March of 1987) we now believe that this show didn't take place until 1987.

The Reign were also on the bill.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mescal
Radio Tokyo

Jane's Addiction - Ventura 1987

Post by Mescal »

I heard this on a Belgian radio station:

Maar vooral Jane’s Addiction maakte een onuitwisbare indruk. Ik had het geluk dat ik een Amerikaanse vriendin mocht bezoeken in de zomer van 1987 in Ventura, CA. Er circuleerde al een hele tijd een cassette van Jane’s Addiction in onze vriendenkring en de groep kwam spelen in een kleine club in de buurt. Omdat ze een broer had die drie jaar ouder was, mochten ‘de kleine meisjes’ onder zijn toezicht mee. Frontman Perry Farrell was de meest flamboyante figuur die ik tot dan toe gezien had. De muziek was super intens en de meest freaky mensen gingen compleet uit de bol in het publiek. Ik stond erbij, keek er met open mond naar en herbeleefde het nog vele malen elke keer dat mijn vriendin en ik het er later opnieuw over hadden.

She sais that she saw Jane's Addiction in a small club in Ventura in the summer of 1987. That Perry Farrell was the most flamboyant frontman she ever saw, that the music was very intense and the most freaky people were going completely bonkers.

It is to this day the best show she ever saw. (And she has seen a lot).

Thought I'd share ....
helicine
I Fix Shit

Re: Jane's Addiction - Ventura 1987

Post by helicine »

janesaddiction.org