2012.08.06 Jacobs Pavilion, Cleveland, OH

Tour date news, reviews, & info
mothra665
Räji's

Re: 2012.08.06 Jacobs Pavilion, Cleveland, OH

Post by mothra665 »

[Are you two gonna make it?]

craigslist did not go so well
"Whaddya doing cheering a guy over 30? Cuz I can still rock yer pants off yer fuckin' ass, and I'll do it 'till the day I die!"
Perry Farrell 07/20/1991
mothra665
Räji's

Post by mothra665 »

:confused: I was not able to get tickets online [sold out?], on a lighter note no 16 hour day!
Everone enjoy, hope to see you all in Pittsburgh... ;)
"Whaddya doing cheering a guy over 30? Cuz I can still rock yer pants off yer fuckin' ass, and I'll do it 'till the day I die!"
Perry Farrell 07/20/1991
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

Glad you were able to make it out! :cheers:

I'm going on about 3hrs of sleep, so I'll probably have more to say about the show & all later on. Here is the setlist. There were a few teasers here and there, but my memory is failing me. Maybe Mike will remember.

Setlist:
(Welcome to the Machine [intro])
Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Been Caught Stealing
Ain't No Right
Three Days (w/ a fucking incredible Perkins drum jam)
Twisted Tales
Jane Says
Then She Did
Splash a Little Water on It
Ocean Size
<encore break>
Stop!
Summertime Rolls

All in all, a great show. Glad to get Three Days and Then She Did. Bubba had some awesome setup where he built a mask of some sort right on his face during Splash a Little Water
janesaddiction.org
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

Very happy to see then she did and three days in the set
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

That's a VERY good set. Now if they could just alternate Whores and MNT Song every night that would be a great set.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

helicine wrote:Glad you were able to make it out! :cheers:

I'm going on about 3hrs of sleep, so I'll probably have more to say about the show & all later on. Here is the setlist. There were a few teasers here and there, but my memory is failing me. Maybe Mike will remember.

Setlist:
(Welcome to the Machine [intro])
Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Been Caught Stealing
Ain't No Right
Three Days (w/ a fucking incredible Perkins drum jam)
Twisted Tales
Jane Says
Then She Did
Splash a Little Water on It
Ocean Size
<encore break>
Stop!
Summertime Rolls

All in all, a great show. Glad to get Three Days and Then She Did. Bubba had some awesome setup where he built a mask of some sort right on his face during Splash a Little Water
One of the teases was Muddy Water or Dirty Water. I think it was Dirty Water but I'm not 100% sure.
The other was Van Halen's Dance The Night Away.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Concert Review: Jane's Addiction at Jacobs Pavilion
Posted by Jeff Niesel on Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica appeared to only be half to three quarters full for last night’s Jane’s Addiction concert. But that didn’t stop the band from putting on a terrific 90-minute show. While the theatrics have been scaled down since the arena rock days, the group still employs an ensemble of dancers and costumed actors who provide a circus-like element to the live performance. But that’s not the real draw. Rather, it’s the fact that the band, which features all original members except for bassist Chris Chaney, has real chemistry.

Right from the start, it was clear singer Perry Farrell, who looked like was doing cardio as he squatted and pranced across the stage, was charged up about the show. He vigorously pumped his fist as he sang “Mountain Song” and he screeched exuberantly during “Been Caught Stealing.” Mid-set, he stripped down to a tank top and cracked a joke about being “older,” but he certainly didn’t appear it. While not as buff as guitarist Dave Navarro, who performed shirtless for most of the set, Farrell still looks to be as fit as any athlete. After playing a handful of tunes from last year’s The Great Escape Artist, the band performed an acoustic rendition of its hit “Jane Says” that became a sing-a-long and then plugged in again for the momentous “Ocean Size” before returning to play “Stop” in the encore. While the band isn’t a huge commercial draw anymore, it proved it’s still challenging itself creatively.

Partly because singer Paul Meany plays keyboards rather than guitar, New Orleans-based indie rockers have a unique sound that’s equal parts Ben Folds and Radiohead. That approach didn’t quite translate to the large venue but the group’s 30-minute opening set was still engaging.
http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-hea ... s-pavilion
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
meijaddiction
Black Radio Club

Post by meijaddiction »

meijaddiction
Black Radio Club

Post by meijaddiction »

helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

I'm still annoyed with myself for leaving my camera in my car :banghead:

I got a couple of pix on my phone, but I'll have to get those onto my computer to see if they actually came out at all.
janesaddiction.org