I Fix Shit

2012.08.11 Bank of America Pavillion, Boston, MA

Post by helicine »

janesaddiction.org
rockout
Luddite

Re: 2012.08.11 Bank of America Pavillion, Boston, MA

Post by rockout »

Not sure about the order of the songs in the middle of the set, but these are the songs.

Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Caught Stealing
Irresistible Force
Aint No Right
Jane Says
Up the Beach
Whores
3 Days
Splash a Little Water
Ocean
Stop

New songs came off great, especially Irresistible Force and Splash a Little Water, because they're so simple and don't get lost in the wash of sound. Seeing Jane's is always an exercise for me in listening closely.

Ocean Size and Stop were really great. 3 Days had Perry being very charismatic. Jane Says sounded pretty bad.

Interesting performance pieces: before Jane Says there is a little mini-movie showing troubled kids and teens hitting dolls against walls, reenacting abuse and trauma from childhood. Then Perry advised them/us to run away, like he did. This leads right into Jane Says.

During Splash a Little Water there's a live performer who begins to splash water on his face from a bowl, then he splashes white paint on his face, then he paints his face, then wraps cloth around it, then sticks twigs in the cloth. Pretty strange/freaky.

The set ended really early, after only 1:15. Was expecting 15 more minutes of music. Perry was very dynamic on stage.
wackyberry
Luddite

Re: 2012.08.11 Bank of America Pavillion, Boston, MA

Post by wackyberry »

You are right on the set list except Ain't No Right and Irresistible are reversed (I got a set list from the stage.. and a drumstick from Stephen!)

I loved it, except it did really feel too short. I would have also loved to hear Summertime Rolls and Classic Girl (Both which they have been playing a lot!).