2012.08.12 State Theatre, New Brunswick, NJ

Tour date news, reviews, & info
bman
Music Machine

Re: 2012.08.12 State Theatre, New Brunswick, NJ

Post by bman »

Usually at east coast shows there are some Bruiser Dudes. Last night it was the chicks that were rowdy! Women in the 30's kept trying to get up front and couldn't just stay in one spot! They kept moving all over the place. Jersey chicks. Then a chick against the stage started fighting with some dude behind her. She was out of control. Shen then kept pushing her ass into everyone around her trying to claim an even larger space in front of the stage. She was finally pulled out by security! I also saw a lot of Dads with their kids. Perryz kids were there too and he tried running after them after the show to bring them on stage. Perry is a riot. During Ocean or Stop he was running all over the stage. He hugged Dan Cleary on the side of stage! I fuckin love this band. They constantly keep me young. Not only do they remind me of my high school youth, but they keep me young now too! I hope I have Perryz energy when I'm 53. :cool:
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

hydro wrote:
helicine wrote::lol:

Yeah, Mike and I got to follow the chained up girls backstage in the Detroit show. It was a little awkward seeing them chained up while the band jammed out Had a Dad. I'm not sure if more than one of them was familiar with the song.
jess pulled the chain of girls into the bathroom with her she said she had to go so bad :drunkard: :lol:
:lmao: :rockon:
janesaddiction.org
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

dj7
Black Radio Club

Post by dj7 »

No pit 4 a Janes Show? No good. The sound was terrible. Perry could not be heard for most of the first two songs. There was also plenty of feedback. The crowd was weak as well. Perry did his best 2 engage the crowd but this was one of the weakest shows I have seen.

Still a great way 2 spend the evening but it made me NOT go 2 Brooklyn (well also it was 2 early)

If there is a 4th leg of the tour I will go again.

They leave a lot of good stuff out of the setlist and the shows R very short. This show was 1 hour 30 including "Welcome 2 the machine" take that out and it's one hour and 20 mins

complications
Luddite

Post by complications »

hydro wrote:setlist thanks to our friend Christopher Martinovich & Pennylyn Kaine
he said they didn't get "Summertime"
I've finally made it onto the board!!!! And definitely no Summertime in Jersey:(
For starters, this was, I believe my 8th Janes show. And I really can't say much other than that I wasn't disappointed. After growing up with this band playing on my soundtrack to my life...oh back to the show.
Now I've gone to a lot of shows in my lifetime and this one was a special one for me in many ways. I had front row tickets,(stub to follow) only to have Perry ruin that for me...totally kidding! Yea he invited up a bunch of people up to the front which I'm sure security loved. But its stuff like that why I love this band. It seemed like everyone was having a great time. Underground as an opener is pretty rad. For me, it's always a special time when Janes comes around. I usually end up losing a lot of memorabilia but I actually still have this list and plan to get it framed or do something cool with it. Perry made some sort of a comment about New Brunswick making bowling balls, (I found it amusing)
I'm really at a loss for words. Jan'es Addiction has been a staple throughout my entire life.
Glad I finally made it to this awesome site!!!!
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

complications wrote:
hydro wrote:setlist thanks to our friend Christopher Martinovich & Pennylyn Kaine
he said they didn't get "Summertime"
I've finally made it onto the board!!!! And definitely no Summertime in Jersey:(
For starters, this was, I believe my 8th Janes show. And I really can't say much other than that I wasn't disappointed. After growing up with this band playing on my soundtrack to my life...oh back to the show.
Now I've gone to a lot of shows in my lifetime and this one was a special one for me in many ways. I had front row tickets,(stub to follow) only to have Perry ruin that for me...totally kidding! Yea he invited up a bunch of people up to the front which I'm sure security loved. But its stuff like that why I love this band. It seemed like everyone was having a great time. Underground as an opener is pretty rad. For me, it's always a special time when Janes comes around. I usually end up losing a lot of memorabilia but I actually still have this list and plan to get it framed or do something cool with it. Perry made some sort of a comment about New Brunswick making bowling balls, (I found it amusing)
I'm really at a loss for words. Jan'es Addiction has been a staple throughout my entire life.
Glad I finally made it to this awesome site!!!!
Hi complications:) and welcome to the site!!! :cool:
thanks for sharing your night!
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell