I Fix Shit

2012.08.12 State Theatre, New Brunswick, NJ

Post by helicine »

janesaddiction.org
bman
Music Machine

8/12/12 New Brunswick NJ

Post by bman »

Just got back from my 20th Jane's Addiction show! I'm from NJ so I can talk shit about it. New Brunswick (home of Rutgers) was totally dead tonight. Had a shitty Mexican taco before the show. I got in as soon as they opened the doors. I thought my tix were PIT Gen Admin but were actually 2nd row center on the folding chairs. Perry later called us up to the stage so it all worked out. A Lot of Jersey type women up front clamoring to touch Dave! Tiny small stage. No moshing but some chick got tossed for being annoying. Some funny bruiser types up front too. That's why I love the pit! Some guy kept handing Perry his ticket stub and a marker but Perry signed his bald head instead! I love being super close but tonight I couldn't hear Perry at all. The sound was a bit muddled up front and Perry was lost in the Mix. It probably sounded better further back. High Energy show.

(Order might not be 100% accurate)

Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because (1/2 way through Perry makes sure the people in the front rows move up to the stage)
Been Caught Stealing
Aint No Right
Irristable Force
Jane Says
Classic Girl
Up The Beach
Had a Dad
Three Days
Splash
Ocean Size
Stop

Chip Away was on the setlist and tuned prior to the show but was dropped. Perkins also teased Trip Away drum intro before stop.
hydro
Addict

Re: 2012.08.12 State Theatre, New Brunswick, NJ

Post by hydro »

setlist thanks to our friend Christopher Martinovich & Pennylyn Kaine
he said they didn't get "Summertime"
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
hydro
Addict

Re: 8/12/12 New Brunswick NJ

Post by hydro »

bman wrote:

Had a Dad
you guys got "Had A Dad"!!! that's cool!
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

Yep! Sucks that I didn't get Summertime though. Hopefully on Friday. They tuned the 3 big drums before the set so I thought Chip Away was there for sure. I also bought the VIP package( meaning I get yet another tour poster in the mail soon. I was hoping that meant backstage passes. So how are these people getting back stage for the pre show jams this tour? Is it Bubba singling out those girls for the Chain? My GF is way hot and we never get picked!!

Had a Dad was super high energy. I was too close though! I couldn't hear Perry for 1/2 the show. So many Jersey girls there trying to grab Dave and Perrys legs. It was pretty funny. It was a fun night but Friday I plan on being 10 rows back so I can hear the show better.
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

bman wrote: So how are these people getting back stage for the pre show jams this tour? Is it Bubba singling out those girls for the Chain? My GF is way hot and we never get picked!!
I think that they are prob saving the space in the rehearsal rooms for Bubba's chain gang. My friend was picked a few months ago and he lead the girls through band practice she said. As much as I love Bubba and of course JA and watching them warm up.....I wouldn't be caught dead on that chain with a bunch of screaming girls who prob don't know more than 2 songs from the band. I would kill them haha! anyways Bubba can chain me up solo ;) :P :biggrin:
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

:lol:

Yeah, Mike and I got to follow the chained up girls backstage in the Detroit show. It was a little awkward seeing them chained up while the band jammed out Had a Dad. I'm not sure if more than one of them was familiar with the song.
janesaddiction.org
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

helicine wrote::lol:

Yeah, Mike and I got to follow the chained up girls backstage in the Detroit show. It was a little awkward seeing them chained up while the band jammed out Had a Dad. I'm not sure if more than one of them was familiar with the song.

I know! The girls that get picked look like 21 years old. Perry always has great idea but the chain gang thing never took off! 1/2 the crowd's not even in yet. Me and my girl did say Hi Bubba though while he was leading them. He looked at us in a confused manner!
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

bman wrote:. Me and my girl did say Hi Bubba though while he was leading them. He looked at us in a confused manner!
:nod: when I was sitting backstage after the show was over and Bubba came walking out to go to his bus and I uncontrollably said out loud "Bubba" in totally shock and excitement and he looked up and over at me like "she knows my name?" It was kinda sweet because to him he is just a part of the stage act but like I told him to us die hards he is like a cult classic Bubba The Clown!!! Wow still amazed to meet him!
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

helicine wrote::lol:

jess pulled the chain of girls into the bathroom with her she said she had to go so bad :drunkard: :lol: