I Fix Shit

2012.09.04 Keller Auditorium, Portland, OR

Post by helicine »

janesaddiction.org
intertwoven
Jedi

Re: 2012.09.04 Keller Auditorium, Portland, OR

Post by intertwoven »

If anybody has an extra ticket to give away for free, let me know. I'll give you some boots and/or record the show for ya! :)
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

I think theres still random seats way up front on Ticketmaster.
intertwoven
Jedi

Post by intertwoven »

Just got home from the show. I was on the fence about going.. down to the wire. FInally at about 9:15, I just went down there, no ticket (It's a short drive from my place, so I didn't have much to lose). Luckily, there was a scalper with a bunch of tickets in front of the venue and I scored a decent seat for $20. Bummed I missed the opener Big Black Delta.. I like them a lot. But yeah, Jane's put on a good show. Same setlist as the past few recent shows. Believe it or not, it was the first time I've seen Chaney live. I was kinda proud of my track record of only seeing them with Eric or Flea. But whatever, it was Jane's in a nice theater, a few minutes from my house. For $20, definitely worth it (though I'm glad I didn't have to pay face value + fees). I recorded it and it came out okay.. I can post it soon. But again, same old setlist and Perry wasn't very talkative, so nothing special, sorry to say.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

I'm glad you went intertwoven. I think you may have wound up regretting it if you didn't go.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

One of my best friends from high school went (His First JA show) and loved it. He did say Perry was a bit more mellow than he expected, and never drank his wine! Maybe he was under the weather. But My buddy said they were great, Thank God! I've only been pushing Janes and Perry on him for 23 years!
intertwoven
Jedi

Post by intertwoven »

1. intro (Pink Floyd music)
2. Underground
3. Mountain Song
4. Just Because
5. Been Caught Stealing
6. Ain't No Right
7. Irresistible Force
8. film interlude (Sadobabies)
9. Jane Says
10. Chip Away
11. Up The Beach
12. Price I Pay
13. Ted, Just Admit It
14. Splash a Little Water on It
15. Ocean Size
16. Stop
17. Summertime Rolls
18. outro (crowd noise)

Show notes: "Chip Away" featured members of Big Black Delta as well as Mike Byrne from the Smashing Pumpkins.
unit_monster92
Luddite

Post by unit_monster92 »

What a great show! Thanks for posting the setlist intertwoven. This was my 3rd Jane's show over the years (first one was 11/2/90 in Phoenix, AZ) and the band was just as good last night as they were way back then. And glad I finally got to see Ted, Just Admit It... live! If you could please post your recording of the show I would love to hear it. I took 2 videos which you can see here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfvfXPinoUQ[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjz1BAN6zZY[/youtube]
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

That set is LACKING some balls.....3 Days/Whores...Something was up with this show. There were no tweets before hand from Dave or Perry. No one got their tix from Ground Cntrl (check the forum at Janes official site) Dave went to play with Camp Freddy at the DNC in NC after the Seattle show and one day before this. Look at this Vid. I am being paranoid? I know some nights are off..but..Interwoven, tell me I sent my friend to good Janes show..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQXzYKcZU2I[/youtube]
intertwoven
Jedi

Post by intertwoven »

I thought the show measured up to pretty much all the 2011-2012 live recordings I've heard.. some bad parts/aspects, but overall good show. Yes, no 3 Days sucks. and Whores would have been nice. But I'd never seen Price I Pay live, and relatively speaking it's somewhat of a "rarity", so I thought it was cool and was the closest thing to a surprise in the set. It sounded a little like Dave teased a couple seconds of Classic Girl before Beach, so for a moment I thought we'd get to hear that, but nope. Tiny little jams at the end of Mountain and the beginning of Ain't.. I wish they would have jammed more. Maybe Dave was jetlagged, but he seemed "on" to me. :noclue: It might have been the least-talkative for a full Jane's show that I've ever heard Perry be.. usually he'll make a crack about stealing something before BCS, and talk about the city and stuff like that, but this show didn't have much of his usual banter. Who knows if something was up behind the scenes, like you say, but maybe.