2012.10.18 The Warfield, San Francisco, CA

Tour date news, reviews, & info
Ambersonian
Black Radio Club

Re: 2012.10.18 The Warfield, San Francisco, CA

Post by Ambersonian »

Suuuuch a great show! Whores was also played, I think before Ocean or right after...I'm going to Davis tomorrow cause last night was so much fun!! :) I'm uploading the only full video I took (Just Because) on my YT channel, I took it w/ my iPhone and it came out surprisingly well! Should be up within the hour. http://www.youtube.com/ambersonian I also caught the very end of the Of Course teaser...I'll put that up as well ;)
filthpurveyer
Club Lingerie

Post by filthpurveyer »

drifter wrote:yo sh.. the recording you recorded here sept. in vegas is supreme.

http://forums.janesaddiction.org/viewto ... f=2&t=3212

im going to hit Bakersfield Fox Theater this tuesday.

are you hitten it?
Yes, PM me your cell#
filthpurveyer
Club Lingerie

Post by filthpurveyer »

filthpurveyer wrote:WOW! Amazing show! Nothing like Santa Cruz, it was so cool to hook up with Charles and Kevin, they were at their best, hammered as fuck! I wait until after the shows now to get hammered, my recordings turn out better that way, lol. And Kevin, I know you said you have spent $10K on JA but that is just for one or two years at best for me regarding JA. I have more than anyone would ever believe if I told them, it will take a walk through my storage unit to prove it.
I have video and a very good DAT of this show that I'll share soon enough, I saw the same filmer from Santa Cruz at this show and he filmed it closer than me but I have yet to ever find someone who filmed the same show I was at that has better footage than me, that being said I want everyone's shit so I'll get that too and share. Oh, and Charles, how was my herb? Let me know, lol.

setlist:
Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Been Caught Stealing
Ain't No Right
Irresistible Force
Of Course (more than a teaser but not complete)
Jane Says
Chip Away
Up The Beach
Three Days
Splash A Little Water On It
Ocean Size
Stop
Summertime Rolls
I forgot "Whores" after "Up The Beach", my bad
nuraman00
Luddite

Post by nuraman00 »

Was at the show.

I thought they sounded good, but not great. Perry sounded a little better when I saw them three years ago.

The setlist was better this time though. And it was a more intimate experience, at the Warfield.

Having seen them twice, I don't know if I HAVE TO see them every time live, or again live. They were good, but I have a feeling if I would have seen them in the 90s, it would have been great.

I did like hearing both "Up The Beach" and "Ocean Size".

Perry introduced "Summertime Rolls" by saying that even though it was October now, it still felt like summer.

I could see Dave mouthing the vocals to a lot of songs.

They played for just under an hour and a half.

The songs from "The Great Escape Artist" were fine live.

Pics:

http://imgur.com/a/WF7dn#62
nuraman00
Luddite

Post by nuraman00 »

When I checked into the Warfield, the ticket checker took my physical hard ticket, ripped it up, and threw it away, as I entered.

So I don't have a ticket stub anymore.

Did anyone else experience that? It really annoyed me.

I asked why but the person said something about that being the policy for the night.
nuraman00
Luddite

Post by nuraman00 »

I called both The Warfield, and AXS, and they said there's nothing they can do. They can't print another ticket for me.

Perhaps I could have gotten the Warfield to reprint them in between sets, but I didn't want to lose my place near the stage, and I thought they could still print up a ticket afterward if I asked.