2013.08.13 Saratoga Perf. Arts Center, Saratoga Springs, NY

Tour date news, reviews, & info
Godflesh999
Xenon West

Re: 2013.08.13 Saratoga Perf. Arts Center, Saratoga Springs,

Post by Godflesh999 »

Saratoga's in the books...I got almost all of the show. Will see how the sound is and post maybe tomorrow. Battery on my phone is about dead...confirming that another soulmate was played...
Godflesh999
Xenon West

Post by Godflesh999 »

Underground
Mountain Song
1%
Just Because
Ted, Just Admit it
Been Caught Stealing
Another Soulmate (live debut according to perry)
Three Days
(Pink Floyd Breathe tease) > Ocean Size
Stop!
Jane Says
Godflesh999
Xenon West

Post by Godflesh999 »

Sound on the video is decent...I'll try to up it tomorrow
Mingo424
Be Live

Post by Mingo424 »

How busy was it when Jane's played? Thanks to who posted the times. We are going to the show next Fri and I'm kinda hoping it's not super busy. ;)
Godflesh999
Xenon West

Post by Godflesh999 »

OK...so when I shot video last night, it was one continuous shot, which is about 58 minutes long...I'm not a regular user of YouTube, so I'm finding that I have a limited amount of space, and can't post the video. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can share this with the rest of you?
Godflesh999
Xenon West

Post by Godflesh999 »

BTW, Mingo...the Jane's crowd was pretty tame...people were pretty chill, and I'm not sure if it was the lousy weather or if it was just that it was a Tuesday, or what, but on the whole, this show didn't seem to be well attended. Totally weird mix of bands. Besides Middle Class Rut, the rest of the opening acts were h o r r i b l e. Two of the acts played over the top of pre-recorded tracks.

I feel bad for the youth of today, and I can only hope that the kiddies stuck around for Jane's and Alice (now classified in the -gasp- "classic rock" genre) to know what good music used to be like.

It was more of a frenzy during Alice in Chains, who were just fantastic. Jerry Cantrell can still f'ing rock, even though he looks like a grandpa, and their new singer is awesome.
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

Godflesh999 wrote:Another Soulmate (live debut according to perry)
Perry is mistaken... it maybe the live debut for the "reincarnation", but the original debut was still 5/5/10

http://janesaddiction.org/tour/show/jan ... 5-05/2082/
janesaddiction.org
TrevorAyer
The Co Co Club

Post by TrevorAyer »

I was at the show last night. It was really good. Perry was singing good and the crowd was really fueling the performance. 1 % was awesome and I almost felt like I was seeing the old Jane's Addiction for a bit. I didn't mind Underground or Another Soulmate. Ted and 3 Days were pretty great of course, as were the other classics. I am officially not a fan of Cheney on bass now. Even tho Ted was awesome, Cheney did not stay true to the bassline. Neither did flea, but whatever, it still is a bit annoying. I don't quite understand the swings at the beginning of the show. They don't seem to move. Plus etty is up there trying to sing while not falling to her death in her oversized gown. Poor girl. Jane's was definitely the best band on the bill. I caught Coheed and they are kinda like emo pop for teenagers. Alice in Chains was OK but that's it. I dug Them Bones. They have a bit of a rut in their sound and it gets old after a bit. I didn't care for Dave's guitar sound. It was a bit "woody" and kinda too loud, unlike the old days when it was warm fat and mixed under a bit. Of course they used to have a good bass player to carry the band. At times it seemed as tho Dave was reteaching Chris some of the parts. Like Dave played the bass hook that goes under the Stop heavy slow riff. Once Chris caught on Dave went back to his textural biz as usual. All in all great show. A bit too short. Still felt like the band and audience were all really into it last night. Except Chris, who kinda seemed like he kinda sleepy. They teased Aint No Right, right before 1 %. Even the classic overplayed songs had a little spark to them. Good show! I taped it too!
Godflesh999
Xenon West

Post by Godflesh999 »

Hope this works... video I shot of the soundcheck of Another Soulmate...security staff wouldn't anyone close enough to see the band, but the song is clear. I'm trying sendspace...let me know of any issues...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d1xrzk
drifter
L.A. Street Scene

Post by drifter »

godflesh my security will not allow me to get this. love to hear it !!!!!!