Jane's Addiction - July 10, 2015 - Stage AE, Pittsburgh, PA

Show Info:
http://janesaddiction.org/tour/show/jan ... 7-10/2475/
janesaddiction.org
bman
Music Machine

Pittsburgh

Post by bman »

I have no idea why but I ended up buying tickets for 7/10 Pittsburgh. I have to be in Philly on 7/12 so I decided to make a long PA weekend out of it. I'm just back to my hotel after the show. The crowd dug it by I was not into it. Something was way off with Perry. He's a moody fuck and sometimes he's just not into it. He was moving around but seemed out of it, just going through the motions. Hey it happens from time to time. But no audience interaction. Didn't look at Dave once. Even blew off Etty during Three Days! Something was off. But Dave held it together. He was into and gave the crowd their money's worth. Everyone there really dug it but sometimes in these smaller market cities I've seen bands just going through the motions and that's what it seemed like Perry was doing. Or, he was pissed off at something. But for Janes Shows its usually the mood Perry is in whether the show is good or bad. This was show was not good compared to other NS shows I've seen earlier in NY and NJ on this tour.
davy
Radio Tokyo

Re: Pittsburgh

Post by davy »

Sorry to hear you got a weak show. That happens from time to time but perk dave and chris always seem to show upno matter what. The good news you got Philly tix and Perry doesnt do back to back bad shows. I'm sure he'll deliver the goods on the 12th...
bman
Music Machine

Re: 2015.07.10 Stage AE, Pittsburgh, PA

Post by bman »

No it wasn't weak. Perry just seemed tired or something. I wish I planned for Toronto tonight instead! They are playing with Soundgarden so that should bring out the best in Perry.
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

He likely was tired:

Perry via Facebook:
Here's What Happened Next.. Well not exactly as a result of a flipping hammock- but, just as I got off stage;- Izzy came up to me, gave me a hug and said, "Hi dad, good show my head hurts- feel" and puts my finger on a goose egg sized lump upon his noggin near the brain stem. "Where did you get that"? I asked? "I don't know- I fell backwards and banged my head on the table". "Fell backwards? How did you do that"? "I thought there was a chair there- but there wasn't, I guess". 2 minutes later there were 2 more stories told that did not stack up. Notice in the picture- there are no "chairs" on the bus- so I am not buying the story of falling back and missing a chair- at all.
Because we had recently seen 2 documentaries, 1 about a girl snowboarder, and another about a guy ski-mobiler who had both died from head traumas; I called for paramedics (who were on the grounds) to take a look at him. I asked the question I always ask doctors who look at any of my loved ones; "If they were Your son, or Your wife- what would You do"? He said "Oh, my son is my most prized possession. If he were my son, I would get a catscan". So off we went to the emergency.
He never did tell me what really happened. I didn't press him too hard because I know deep inside he loves his friends, and didn't want them to be sent home- they are having the time of their life- this summer, out on the road...
Etty via facebook:
IZZY IS FINE. I may be Mother Eagle but Perry is without a doubt, Papa Bear. He is even more careful & watchful of our children then even me. The paramedics, ER and CAT scan were all his excutive decisions. Perry always asks, "what would you do if it was your child?". My boys and I are so very lucky to have such a caring & thoughtful man to take care of us. Perry has stated that without hesitation that he would sacrifice himself for our sake. That I believe wholeheartedly.
janesaddiction.org
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

Aghh. He probably had some other things on his mind obviously.. As a Selfish Janes Fan I want every show to be off the hook and hold them to unfair standards. I'm glad his kid is OK.
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

Something was definitely up that night though. Here's the show. Around :58 and :59 you can here Perry fighting with someone off to the side. "Fuck You Asshole, and "Don't tell me go back out there etc.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErjTlSueVSw