filthpurveyer
Club Lingerie

2016.09.21 The Masonic, San Francisco, CA

Post by filthpurveyer »

ledhead
Black Radio Club

Re: 2016.09.21 The Masonic, San Francisco, CA

Post by ledhead »

Are they supposed to play Ritual in it's entirety at this vernal equinox show?
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

I believe so, yes
janesaddiction.org
ledhead
Black Radio Club

Post by ledhead »

Thanks, it's actually the autumnal equinox, not vernal (09.22 at 7:21 am)

School night!

Grace Cathedral right across the street:
https://saveme1.files.wordpress.com/201 ... g_4955.jpg
She's gohorgeous
filthpurveyer
Club Lingerie

Post by filthpurveyer »

Good show overall and it was cool to see Charles there, the fucking place wasn't even sold out and it is much smaller than the Warfield.
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

Any reviews?
filthpurveyer
Club Lingerie

Post by filthpurveyer »

bman wrote:Any reviews?
Good show overall minus the poor acoustics of the place, Perry was into it big time, like night and day difference in his enthusiasm from the last SF Warfield show however Dave didn't seem like he wanted to even be there, maybe he was upset missing the Dark Matter show that night or worrying who he is going to have to send home on the next Ink Master, not sure what the reason was. Perkins was on fire like normal and when Perry grabbed a joint from a fan and smoked it with Perkins I was surprised to see that Chris Chaney took a puff. I was in the front row balcony filming and I saw a huge pit throughout most of the show with Charles in the middle of it, I saw him in his white XXX JA shirt getting tossed around.
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

Nice!
ledhead
Black Radio Club

Post by ledhead »

i like this Masonic show more than the Warfield as well. we're very fortunate to get two of these Ritual shows in small venues.
Masonic is a little bigger/wider (wed night, 3100+ capacity) than Warfield (sat night, 2300+ capacity).
Warfield acoustics are more challenging for me. I was stage right, wide of Dave on 2nd tier.
At the Warfield they huddled after every song. It was like a practice sesh. This show flowed better.
Perry had a lot of stories. Sang really hard. Sounded great. Stephen really was on fire.
Then She Did/Obvious were strong. Three Days got a bigger cheer but both TSD/Obvious and Of Course were very warmly received.
At the Warfield, after Of Course it was too quiet. The crowd liked it much more this time (at least from my memory)
Someone from the side (guitar tech?) sits down beside Dave and strums for a bit during Jane Says. He's gone before the song's over.

Ted was really good too. But the skin on the women's backs, while they rubber band over stage. Ouch! I had convinced myself at the Warfield show that they were in body suits that gave them support, but at the Masonic, it didn't look that way.