The Co Co Club

Re: Jane's Addiction - Live Voodoo

Post by TrevorAyer »

looks like something from the twilight movie series
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

JANE'S ADDICTION - Live Voodoo (DVD/Blu-Ray)
Eagle Vision - 30th August 2010
I hate live DVDs. That’s because I simply dig live music, like the feeling, the atmosphere, and more often than not you can’t really get much of that off a screen. Now, I’m not going to say ‘buy this and it will be like seeing Jane’s Addiction live, Dave Navarro’s licks will give you goose bumps and you’ll feel like Perry Farrell is breathing on you’: that would be utter bollocks, and doesn’t matter how many bottles of fine wine the label actually had delivered on my doorstep with the DVD, I’m not going to lie to you: you have to see Jane’s Addiction LIVE once in your life. So, why should you buy this rather than save your money for a ticket?

If you have seen Jane Addiction live, this is the very DVD that will give you a chance to at least remember and partly re-live a unique experience, looking forward to their next show.

If you have never seen Jane’s Addiction live, you may not yet be totally convinced of the absolute need to add this ticket stub to your collection. You may think, looking at their bio, it’s just another Eighties band. Or Nineties band. Indeed, they’re neither. They escape time labels, even the basic past-present-future one. They’re just Jane’s Addiction. Trying to imagine what can come out from the clash of post-punk-glam and hard rock-metal influences it’s not an easy guess, so there, stop guessing and start watching. By the time you’re half way through the video, you’ll be frantically typing Jane’s Addiction on Ticketmaster.

Finally, if you are a Jane’s Addiction fan or rock collector, this is a must have. Live from ‘that’ famous 2009 Halloween night at Voodoo in New Orleans, with the original line up and a set list digging into the first and crowd favourite two albums, it was thought until no long ago there was no official recording of this memorable show. Hits on amateur YouTube clips went sky high, with the world aiming to witness the return to life not only of a historical band, but also that of a city that like a phoenix fought out of the ashes left behind by Hurricane Katrina. And if there’s one thing I totally love about Americans it’s the way they always find the strength to come back, stronger and more united, from whatever disaster may hit them.

And if all of the above is not enough a reason for you to pre-order your copy of “Live Voodoo” now, there are twin girl dancers, a joyful stage invasion, two bonus tracks recorded in LA in 2008 (‘1%’ and ‘Ocean Size’), an NME featurette and an exclusive photo gallery. Are you convinced now?

For the people of New Orleans, Jane’s Addiction potential and die hard fans, but most of all for music lovers across the world, another epic release from Eagle Vision, out simultaneously on DVD and Blu-Ray on 30th August.

9/10

Review by The Wicked Witch
http://www.sonicshocks.com/Jane%27s-Add ... Voodoo.php
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

JANE'S ADDICTION: 'Live Voodoo' DVD, Blu-Ray Coming Later This Month - Aug. 5, 2010

JANE'S ADDICTION will release its first-ever concert DVD and Blu-ray, "Live Voodoo", on August 31 via Eagle Rock Entertainment.

According to a press release, "Live Voodoo" "captures a musical celebration at the Voodoo Experience in New Orleans in 2009. Filmed on Halloween night, the reunion of the original lineup — guitarist Dave Navarro, bassist Eric Avery, drummer Stephen Perkins, and ever-enigmatic frontman Perry Farrell — proved they still have that flawless, ferocious flair that conquered the hard rock world of the late Eighties/early Nineties. Setting in motion a lasting alt-rock legacy, they are seen performing staples predominantly from their first two albums. The band worked their magic over the crowd, proving that a JANE'S ADDICTION show is more than just a concert — it's an experience."

"Live Voodoo" track listing:

01. Up The Beach
02. Mountain Song
03. Ain't No Right
04. Three Days
05. Whores
06. Then She Did...
07. Been Caught Stealing
08. Ocean Size
09. Ted, Just Admit It
10. Summertime Rolls
11. Stop!
12. Jane Says
13. Chip Away

Bonus Features:

01. 1% (Los Angeles, 2008)
02. Ocean Size (La Cita, Los Angeles, Oct. 23, 2008)
* NME Featurette
* Photo Gallery

JANE'S ADDICTION has tapped Rich Costey as producer for the band's next album, tentatively due out in the winter of 2011 on Capitol.

Costey's extensive experience in the studio includes album production for such bands as MUSE and FRANZ FERDINAND as well as having studio credits for engineering, programming and mixing for WEEZER, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE, DOVES and JURASSIC 5, among others.

JANE'S ADDICTION — which wrote the rule book for alternative music and culture through a combination of genre-defying classic songs and a cinematic live experience — is now in Los Angeles working on the new CD, having returned from potent concerts overseas in at the Gelredome in The Netherlands (with RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE and GOGOL BORDELLO) and Rock In Rio in Madrid, Spain (with RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE and CYPRESS HILL).

JANE'S ADDICTION debuted a brand new song, "Another Soulmate", during an intimate one-off Cinco de Mayo concert on May 5 at Bardot, Hollywood in Hollywood, California. The Corzo-sponsored event marked the official live debut of the band's new bassist, Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES).
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=144097
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
whachasee
Luddite

Post by whachasee »

Mike wrote:I'll second that hell yeah! :nod:
That really is a great price.
my parents asked what I wanted for Christmas and I forwarded them the Amazon link :biggrin:
definitely gonna be a great dvd
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

If you don't care about the extras or physical media, you can buy this already on iTunes for $10, which is only $3.50 cheaper than the DVD is right now on Amazon.

I suppose this might have been more tempting 3wks ago when it came out :noclue:
janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

DVD Reviews

Jane's Addiction: Live Voodoo

Love them or hate them, Perry Farrell and Dave Navarro do put on quite a spectacular show. This live testament to one of their recent reunions, with all original members, was recorded in New Orleans on Halloween night in 2009. The art rock styling of the band seems perfectly apt for Halloween night in the big easy. The crowd seems to think so and lap up what they deliver in droves. There is no doubting the power and majesty of JA in full flow, they deliver a quite spectacular live show.

This is pretty much a greatest hits show with most of the thirteen tracks coming from their first two albums. As you would expect tracks like “Been Caught Stealing”, “Jane Says,” and “Mountain Song” are highlights. Both material includes bonus footage from their LA gig, as well as featurette from England’s New Music Express, plus the requisite photo gallery.

With less than 100 minutes of combined material no one is going to hail this as an overly generous set. However those rapid fans of Jane’s Addiction, which there certainly are, will eat this up. There is nothing here that will convince the band’s detractors from their position about the band.
http://blogcritics.org/music/article/mu ... l-society/
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
mothra665
Räji's

Post by mothra665 »

:arrow: GOT MINE :!:
"Whaddya doing cheering a guy over 30? Cuz I can still rock yer pants off yer fuckin' ass, and I'll do it 'till the day I die!"
Perry Farrell 07/20/1991
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

mothra665 wrote::arrow: GOT MINE :!:
Me too! :)

I just finished a first viewing and it sucked to have to keep the volume down. (my Son is Sleeping) ;)
So I'm really looking forward to a second look tomorrow morning with some more volume.
Thus far I've enjoyed what I've seen and heard.

It's still hard to believe that this is the first complete concert (on video) released by these guys. :mad:
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Sojourner
Variety Arts Center

Post by Sojourner »

Did you guys get this from Amazon?
“With a bracing combination of metal, punk, and psychedelica, coupled with lead singer Perry Farrell's banshee-in-a-wind tunnel vocals”...
mothra665
Räji's

Post by mothra665 »

no "Soj...",
i went to [best buy = the walmart of electronics here in the US], they had 2.

the 1 lonely dvd i left behind lQQked like it went through the ringer [smashed to hell].
should have not have been on the shelve for sale IMO, you could hear the disc rattle on the inside.

...who knows maybe by the time i got there [2pm, after work], i missed the stampede and these are the only copies left on earth...BTW i just got back from the dentist and high as f*ck on RX...hehehe it was all a dream :?:

talking about the dentist, i use to know a girl [late 1980's early 90's] that by day worked as a dental assistant and when night fell she moon lighted as a "hard-core" S&M dominatrix.
she use to tell me stories about a 40 something year old client of hers that would pay big bucks to have her loosen his teeth, fillings and what ever oral torture she could inflict upon him.
there was no sex involved just him pulling the root [pun intended].
from what i remember his father was a retired dentist from way back and had all the old scary tools of the trade :nod:

i cranked the DTS mix twice yesterday, will check the 5.1 now...f*ck, i dig it...also priced just right :!:

:biggrin:
"Whaddya doing cheering a guy over 30? Cuz I can still rock yer pants off yer fuckin' ass, and I'll do it 'till the day I die!"
Perry Farrell 07/20/1991