2011.08.27 Richfield Avenue, Reading, England CANCELED

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
craig123
Luddite

Re: reading

Post by craig123 »

We have just got back from Leeds after looking forward to J.A all summer.We only went to watch the guys but didnt find out till asking a stage hand at 7pm ish that it was cancelled.There were no signs up or mention of it that we saw,Apparently there was an announcement in the nme tent after one of the bands.We met some other folks in the same situation,who had only come to watch Janes Addiction.so we left very very dissapointed and around £300 down.What a shame.We couldnt get tix for London and looking at ebay the touts had a field day. Craig
:(
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

I remember about 5 years ago partying all night doing a bunch of blow, many many beers and cigarettes, and my fucking voice just stopped! for like 3 days I couldn't even whisper..what a strange horrible scary feeling.
danhans
Power Tools

Post by danhans »

Oh dear. I was really drunk in the campsite when i wrote that message. I was pretty pissed off about the £200 i spent on the ticket just to have them pull out but i did see a few good bands over the weekend that i wouldnt have seen if i didnt. Hope perry gets well soon and gets back over here asap and this hangover goes soon because it aint too nice. Oh yeah and my voice is going too now.
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

No worries - I'd be pissed/disappointed too after dropping that kinda of money and not getting what I thought I was paying for. That is one of the shitty things about festivals, regular concerts can be rescheduled, but single performers sets at a bigger show can't.
janesaddiction.org
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: 2011.08.27 Richfield Avenue, Reading, England CANCELED

Post by Mike »

Bumped for archival purposes.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."