2011.08.30 Koko, London, England

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
kittykat
Luddite

Re: 2011.08.30 Koko, London, England

Post by kittykat »

If anyone has any spare tickets for this gig in KOKO, UK....please please pretty please can you let me know?? I have been trying since last night but for some reason I couldn't find any. Don't think the Live Nation website liked me! So yet again all the touts get the tickets, they are all over the web for insane amounts of money and a lot of fans are left behind empty handed :( damn the touts!!! :no: :evil:
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

kittykat wrote: So yet again all the touts get the tickets, they are all over the web for insane amounts of money and a lot of fans are left behind empty handed :( damn the touts!!! :no: :evil:
that is a terrible problem!! I'll keep my eyes and ears open for ya!
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

Sounds like tonight's show is a go!

http://janesaddiction.org/2011/08/30/da ... n-tonight/
janesaddiction.org
czuczu
Black Radio Club

Post by czuczu »

Whores
Ain't No Right
Just Because
Ted, Just Admit It
Been Caught Stealing
End To The Lies
Summertime Rolls
Ocean Song
Three Days
Mountain Song
Stop
Jane Says
tubro
Luddite

Post by tubro »

wow. amazing setlist.
tubro (trying to fit in.)
czuczu
Black Radio Club

Post by czuczu »

Whores
Ain't No Right
Just Because
Ted, Just Admit It
Been Caught Stealing
End To The Lies
Up The Beach
Ocean Size
Three Days
Mountain Song
Stop
Jane Says

^ should have been this - wasn't a bit overwhelmed when I posted previously.. :oops:
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

janesaddiction.org
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

czuczu wrote:Whores
Ain't No Right
Just Because
Ted, Just Admit It
Been Caught Stealing
End To The Lies
Up The Beach
Ocean Size
Three Days
Mountain Song
Stop
Jane Says

^ should have been this - wasn't a bit overwhelmed when I posted previously.. :oops:
no prob - thanks for sharing the setlist :cheers:
janesaddiction.org
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Jane's Addiction – review

Koko, London

Like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, another Los Angeles rock/funk outfit of around the same vintage, Jane's Addiction never quite leave the building. Members may come and go, "hedonism" issues may threaten stability, but they plough on, men of a certain age dispensing bleak thoughts through amplifiers turned up to 11. It was an appropriately battered-looking quartet that appeared at Koko, though singer Perry Farrell had extra reason to look hollow-eyed: last weekend he contracted a throat infection that forced the cancellation of headlining slots at Reading and Leeds. The Koko show got the go-ahead, but Farrell made it clear – piteously coughing and telling us he didn't want "to get you sick" – that he was a brave trouper to be there at all.

But you can't keep a veteran show-pony down, and he rose to the occasion. Was there ever any doubt he would? Shirtless guitarist Dave Navarro, his musical other half, prodded him with dirty-sounding blues, funk and metal riffs, and Farrell delivered. He dolefully turned old favourites about a heroin-addicted flatmate (Jane Says) and serial killer Ted Bundy (Ted, Just Admit It) into seedy singalongs, and made a couple of songs from next month's fourth album, The Great Escape Artist, interesting by twiddling with a computer to produce a primitive (but novel for this band) electronic garnish.

There's a discordantly camp side to Jane's Addiction: Farrell's banter between songs was deliberately fluttery – let's not repeat his comment about the doctor who treated his throat – and the two near-naked dancers who occasionally writhed around the stage were comic-book cute rather than sexual. Yet the music was a web of influences, from Latin to calypso to broken-down blues, all meshing to create dark, engrossing songs. The set ended with Stop! and a shower of glitter, and Farrell and company wheezed off stage, croaky but very much unbowed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/se ... ion-review
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell