I Fix Shit

2012.03.06 Wellmont Theatre, Montclair, NJ

Post by helicine »

janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: 2012.03.06 Wellmont Theatre, Montclair, NJ

Post by Mike »

"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

Just got home. Show started later than usual. Janes came on at 10:00 and played till 11:30. The last train back to NYC was 11:29! My lady and I had to hop into a cab outside and pay $75 to get back to the city. I don't want to sound like a broken record...but well fuckin worth it! Started off a little slow. Kind of a lame crowd up front for the first few songs. They had the barricades between the stage and crowd and then Perry jumped in and started getting the crowd going. He then said he's never playing Jersey again with barricades! A song or 2 later the security removed the barricade and the show got great!

Underground
Mnt
Just BC
BCS
Aint No Right
Ted
Broken People
Classic Girl
Jane Says
Chip Away
End To the Lies (I much prefer Irrestible Force Here)
Three Days
Stop
Words
Ocean

This was the first time I was more on Chaneys side. So I wasn't paying too much attention to Dave. But Perry was in great spirits and as always had the crowd going. What more I can, at this point everytime I see Janes it's just a fucking incredible exhilerating release. They are pros, and when in good spirits they always destroy the crowd.

Great Nite! I hope other here liked it too.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

bman wrote:What more I can, at this point everytime I see Janes it's just a fucking incredible exhilerating release. They are pros, and when in good spirits they always destroy the crowd.
:nod: X 1,000,000 :!:

I totally agree with you and what I quoted above.
It's true of most bands I suppose but I've not seen any other band as many times as I've seen Jane's.
They seem to feed off the crowd and the only time I can remember leaving one of their shows even slightly disappointed was the 2003 Lollapalooza show.

Thanks for the review and set list. :thumb:
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

:cheers: I really dug TGEA after it came out, and would give it a spin fairly regularly - but since the DET & CBUS shows, I'm playing it constantly. Fucking love it.
janesaddiction.org
dj7
Black Radio Club

Post by dj7 »

They Played my favorite NEW track "Broken People" but left out "I Would For You" so I take the Good with the bad. Was it Just me or was Perry's Voice a little off last night? The crowd was overall pretty lame and the sound was horrendeous. All this aside I had a great time. While walking to my car I stumble upon a crowd. They were talking to Perry and he was signing autographs before he got on the Tour Bus. I thought that was Very Cool of him. The between song banter is usually my favorite part. Last night I learned via Perry that Snookie was PREGNANT. I guess I gotta watch Jersey SHore More??

Strange no more shows closer. No NYC / No Philly

wanna go back.

"Chip Away" was amazing!

http://instagr.am/p/H23XTsybiU/
http://instagr.am/p/H4FxCUybqt/
http://instagr.am/p/H380k4ybpj/

Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Jane's Addiction, 3/6/12, Wellmont Theatre, Montclair, NJ
Wednesday, March 7, 2012

OMG, with the fast turnaround! The fuck? Jane's Addiction played an intimate show to a Sold Out Wellmont Theatre in Jersey on Super Tuesday, and if I can describe it in one word, it would be: Badass. Then why is this review so long? Fuck you, keep reading.

The opening band was a Hard Rock duo from Belgium. Black Box Revelation were very loud. There were some interesting ideas scattered in there, somewhere. Maybe. I took a strategic pee-break in the middle of their set and missed their hit single. More importantly, and where I'm going with this is: does the NJ Department of Labor know that the bathroom attendants in the Wellmont Theatre are, according the signs in the bathroom, "working for tips"? Is this legal? Or just a lie? Shouldn't they be earning an hourly rate + tips? I feel guilted into paying $1 every time I pee. Phooey.

JANE'S ADDICTION. Badass. How detailed do you need me to get? Badass Motherfucking Rock Show. That's how they roll. Perry Farrell is one of the best Frontmen alive, and part of the reason is just that: the man is still alive. All that shit he put in himself-- and it didn't kill him. That alone gives him some Major Frontman Cred. Now, put aside surviving all that legendary drug abuse. Perry Farrell is onstage next to someone, like, I don't know-- say, the swarthy, shirtless, tattooed, and leather pants clad, Citi Bank Commercial starring, Dave Navarro, who spends the entire night striking Rock God Poses, while shredding the fuck out of sick guitar solo after sick guitar solo, making every one of them look seemingly effortless, with each change in the light show reflecting off of his nipple rings-- and Perry Farrell's natural stage presence still makes him the sexiest guy up there. He's just that good. Scrawny Magical Rockstar Frontman. Perry Farrell is the 90's Mick Jagger.

Highlights: all the awesome shit I liked.

The crowd was fun. Some people were tall and in my way. Mostly, people were enjoying themselves and on fairly good behavior. There was a lot of fist pumping and excitement from males approximately 28-46 years of age. There were some kids (girls, approximately 7-10 years of age) in the VIP section who looked utterly confused when Farrell explained that he liked jumping into the crowd because women grab his cock and that feels awesome. Either they haven't picked up on the OOZING SEX ROCKSTAR FRONTMAN vibe from him yet and found it slightly questionable, or they don't know what the word "cock" means. Well, maybe now they do. It was a learning experience, no doubt. Did I mention the S&M Burlesque theme to the show? It's Jane's Addiction, so the dancing/whipping/tied up chicks are pretty much a given. The dude who hung a baby doll from a noose, then ripped apart another, and tossed it's appendages into the audience was a nice touch. Oh, to be a fly-on-the-wall at that Show & Tell presentation next Monday.

There's a reason these guys are still around and still kicking this much ass. They are BADASS MOTHERFUCKING ROCKSTARS. It was very cool seeing them in such a small venue and there was a similar sentiment and excitement amongst the crowd. It was a totally badass show, but I did miss all the fantastic Super Tuesday Coverage, which I'm sure was entertaining in an entirely different way. I would like to bring Rick Santorum to a Jane's Addiction show. Eventually I would get to tell him that Perry Farrell is a Jew. Jane's Addiction, 3/6/12, Wellmont Theatre, Montclair, NJ: 9 HUZZAHS!!!

SETLIST
Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Been Caught Stealing
Ain't No Right
Ted, Just Admit It...
Broken People
Classic Girl#
Jane Says#
Chip Away#
End To The Lies
Three Days
Stop!

ENCORE
Words Right Out Of My Mouth
Ocean Size

# acoustic
Posted by lynn at 10:31 PM
http://lynnguppy.blogspot.com/2012/03/j ... eatre.html

Follow the link above to checkout some photos from the show.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »