2012.02.24 The Fillmore, Detroit, MI

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info from the 2012 tour
helicine
I Fix Shit

Re: 2012.02.24 The Fillmore, Detroit, MI

Post by helicine »

Awesome show. Got to hear the guys jam out Had a Dad in the warm up room - very, very cool.

Setlist was nearly the same as St. Louis with the addition of Ocean Size :rockon:
janesaddiction.org
mothra665
Räji's

Post by mothra665 »

:thumb: have fun tonight :!: :!:
"Whaddya doing cheering a guy over 30? Cuz I can still rock yer pants off yer fuckin' ass, and I'll do it 'till the day I die!"
Perry Farrell 07/20/1991
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

:cheers:
janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

I tried to post last night and this morning but the wi-fi at the hotel was giving me fits.
I don't have a lot of time right now to go into great detail because I'm going to be heading down to Columbus.

At any rate last night's show was a lot of fun.
The setlist was the same as St Louis except they finished with Ocean Size.

I don't know exactly what the problem was but there was something weird with the sound.
No idea if it was just where I was at (pit) or not but there was this annoying distortion that only went away during the softer songs.

The highlights for me were hearing Classic Girl and I would For You for the first time in a long long time.
The new songs went over fairly well but the older hits really got the crowd going.

I liked the stage show aspects and really liked what they were showing on the video screens.
Who ever put that stuff together did a nice job.
Additionally the stage set-up was bad-ass and the lights really complimented it.

I recorded the show but it came out like crap. :(
helicine seems to think he can work some magic on it to salvage it but I have some doubts.
It really sucks because I went through hoops to get it recorded and sacrificed my good time to a degree to do so.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

we didn't get a bunch of pictures at this show, but here are a few:

janesaddiction.org
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

Love this:
Screen Shot 2012-02-26 at 9.35.07 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
janesaddiction.org
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Mike wrote:I don't know exactly what the problem was but there was something weird with the sound.
No idea if it was just where I was at (pit) or not but there was this annoying distortion that only went away during the softer songs.
I still don't know why the sound was messed up at this show.
Maybe it was the venues PA or something?

I don't have a clue. :noclue:

But thank god or a sock there were no such issues at the Columbus show.
Everywhere I stood and listened be it the photo pit, Chaney's side of the stage, in front of the soundboard, or behind it the sound was absolutely perfect.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Jane’s Addiction Stage Spectacular Sing-a-Long at Detroit Concert

by: Matthew Wilkening 2 hours ago

Scott Legato, Getty Images

Jane’s Addiction brought great songs and an extremely impressive stage show to Detroit’s beautiful Fillmore this past Friday (Feb. 24). The set came complete with dazzling light and video displays, a gigantic sculpture and three live dancers hanging from the ceiling in oversized dresses.

It was such a big spectacle, in fact, that it often threatened to drown out the man who no doubt visualized much of this fantastic monster in the first place: frontman extraordinaire Perry Farrell. While the rest of his bandmates surged and flowed together in spectacular fashion, the singer at times seemed to be struggling to be heard in his proper slot alongside them.

Perhaps it was our balcony seats, maybe his voice is not in mid-tour form yet, or maybe this is some new understated creative approach that we’re not hip enough to dig yet — lord knows the guy prowls the stage with unbeatable charisma, dressed better than we could ever hope to be. But it wasn’t the “from the top of the mountains” sound we’re used to from past Farrell shows, and it rendered the whole band presentation a bit lopsided.

It was still a wonderfully entertaining evening, especially when the crowd pitched in for the vocals, which, let’s face it we were all planning on doing anyway. The only reason we even mention this issue is the tantalizing torture it created in our heads. The band sounded so good that if the vocals were sung (or maybe mixed) higher it would have been a night for the ages.

Farrell seemed to make brief mention of the issue at one point late in the show — something about always losing his voice in Detroit — and considering the love, care and talent obviously put into the audio and visual aspects of the show, and how well songs from the band’s new album ‘The Great Escape Artist’ mixed in among classics like ‘Ocean Size’ and ‘Three Days,’ we’ll be back for another shot, no problem at all!
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/janes-ad ... t-concert/
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

janesaddiction.org