2012.03.06 Wellmont Theatre, Montclair, NJ

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info from the 2012 tour
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: 2012.03.06 Wellmont Theatre, Montclair, NJ

Post by Mike »

"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
ginola
Black Radio Club

Post by ginola »

thanks for the share, pissed off got kicked off dime a few years sgo and i miss getting a lot of shows
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

ginola wrote:thanks for the share, pissed off got kicked off dime a few years sgo and i miss getting a lot of shows
Why did you get booted? Share ratio?
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Music Photography by Joe Papeo
Photos: Jane’s Addiction played The Wellmont Theatre 3.6.12

The Wellmont Theatre, Montclair, NJ, 3.6.12 – Live music photos of Jane’s Addiction at the Wellmont Theatre in Monclair, NJ on March 6, 2012. Touring in support of just being Jane’s Addiction, and a new album out back in October called The Great Escape Artist, one of the world’s great front men brought one of the great rock bands to put on one of the great rock shows in New Jersey.

Shooting Jane’s Addiction is hit or miss. We get the first 3 songs to get our shots. Sometimes you are blessed with a wild stage show and great lighting, other times they ease into their set and we are gone by the time the good stuff happens. Tonight was no exception. Jane’s Addiction usually has dancers at their shows. Tonight they started in acrobat costumes about 30′ off the stage. And they were gone for songs 2 and 3. Perry did make his way down to the crowd during the third song, although I had 2 photographers basically squeeze in front of me and push me out of the way. But I ended up being ready for when he got back on stage and ended up as the only photographer with the best angle for that last shot of my set.

Lighting was hit or miss. At times it was pretty good, but most of the time Jane’s Addiction gave me some deep reds that are hard to work with. I shot most of this set at iso3200 and used a combination of my 2 bodies with the 16-35mm and 24-70mm.

www.janesaddiction.com

Full Set in the Slide Show Below (or click the slide show for the full gallery)

Equipment:

Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 7D
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II, Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS

Please help support the site buy buying from Amazon or Adorama through the link on the right. There is no extra cost to you and I receive a small credit for clicking through my site.
http://irocktheshot.com/2012/03/photos- ... 2IAZ3ldDbw

Follow the link above to checkout some really nice pictures from the show.
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

bumped for archive ordering
janesaddiction.org