2012.03.19 The Brick, Minneapolis, MN

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info from the 2012 tour
The Gentleman
Luddite

Re: 2012.03.19 The Brick, Minneapolis, MN

Post by The Gentleman »

The comments and reviews so far haven't fully conveyed what a clusterfuck the show last night truly was. Though I take issue with people who claim the sound system was first rate. Where I was standing (front of the main stage), the sonics were a muddle but maybe the sweet spot was further back. In any case, was Perry mixed WAY down? I could hardly hear anything he sang. Oh well. At least his rants were classic Perry.

Here's an article from The Current and the comment thread as well. Highly recommended.

http://blog.thecurrent.org/post/2012/03 ... gural-show
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

^^

Yeah sadly everything I've seen/read online has been pretty negative as far as this venue goes.
Here's hoping they make the necessary changes so that the fans and bands can enjoy themselves.

Based on last night's setlist I'm guessing the changes in the setlist for this show were purely venue related.

These clips are pretty good examples of how bad things were/could have been if you ask me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUl8vJEAa7o[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxzP1gaKxS4[/youtube]
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Perry is gonna kick their ass!!!! :fighting: :cool:
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

The Brick offers refunds for angry Jane’s Addiction fans

22 March, 201

Monday night, downtown Minneapolis’ new AEG Live-run nightclub the Brick opened with a thud. A sold-out crowd packed the place to see reunited ’90s rockers Jane’s Addiction and soon took to social media to complain about being forced to wait outside in the rain only to find poor sightlines, overzealous security and a lack of restrooms once they finally through the doors. (The frustration even led to a blog named “The Brick MN Sucks.”)

This evening, the venue’s general manager e-mailed ticketholders offering them a full refund or a ticket to a future Brick concert. It’s a bold, but probably necessary, move to help cool some of the negative buzz surrounding the Brick.

Here’s the full text of the e-mail:

To our customers who attended Jane’s Addiction at The Brick on March 19:

We owe you an apology for the issues you encountered during the show. Live music experiences represent some of the greatest moments of our lives and, this was obviously not one of ours. Our goal in bringing a new music venue to the Twin Cities was to provide fans with the best possible concert experience, and despite a thundering performance from Jane’s Addiction, we know we were unable to achieve this greatness on Monday night.

We have an obligation to make this right for our customers, which is why we are offering all Jane’s Addiction ticket holders the choice of a refund, including service fees, or tickets to an upcoming show of their choice (based on availability).

We are listening to your comments and feedback and are committed to making the necessary changes at The Brick to ensure that your next concert experience will be much more enjoyable.

To receive your refund or tickets to an upcoming show, please e-mail a copy of your ticket(s) and confirmation to customerservice@thebrickmn.com. Or you may physically mail a copy to:

The Brick

Attn: Customer Service

111 5th Street North

Minneapolis, MN 55403

Please indicate your choice of refund, or the name of the upcoming show you’d like to attend.

Please feel free to contact me directly at BrickGM@thebrickmn.com with any comments, questions or suggestions about your experience at The Brick. We acknowledge that we have a long way to go to earn back your business and are committed to regaining your trust.

Sincerely,

Jeff Kehr

General Manager

The Brick

BrickGM@thebrickmn.com
http://blogs.twincities.com/eatshopplay ... tion-fans/
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
The Gentleman
Luddite

Post by The Gentleman »

Here's the Star Tribune article on the debacle. I like the description of the show as "nightmarish."

http://www.startribune.com/entertainmen ... 15906.html
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Are you going to send in for a refund Gentleman?
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

bumped for archive ordering
janesaddiction.org