1988.10.17 Visage Nightclub, Orlando, FL

is it shocking?
Mike
Addicted Archivist

1988.10.17 Visage Nightclub, Orlando, FL

Post by Mike »

This is another new date for the Jane's gig listing.

10/17/1988 - Visage Nightclub, Orlando, FL

We have previously listed the following show as taking place on this date.

10/17/1988 - Uptown Lounge, Athens, GA
http://janesaddiction.org/tour/tour_det ... tourID=732

There is no proof at this point that Jane's played at the Uptown Lounge on 10/17.
Chances are we have the date wrong for this show.
The list will be changed to reflect this.

We do now however thanks to this ad have proof of another date opening for Iggy.

Last edited by Mike on Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Repaired broken image link
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
J_Ramone
Luddite

Re: 1988.10.17 Visage Nightclub, Orlando, FL

Post by J_Ramone »

I can vouch for the Iggy Pop show - I was there. Visage was just a small strip warehouse that someone painted black and called a club. It was all ages in a really trashy area of town.

I don't recall if they were supporting Nothing's Shocking, but if my memory is correct (and it's fairly foggy), I saw them there again just a few months later, this time as headliners, and they were supporting Nothing's Shocking. The T-Shirt I bought was just the cover of the album - no tour dates/cities on the back.

J
My Friends Are Gone And My Hair Is Grey, I Ache In The Places Where I used To Play, And I'm Crazy For Love, But I'm Not Comin' On. I'm Just Payin' My Rent Every Day In The Tower Of Song
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

J_Ramone wrote:I can vouch for the Iggy Pop show - I was there. Visage was just a small strip warehouse that someone painted black and called a club. It was all ages in a really trashy area of town.

I don't recall if they were supporting Nothing's Shocking, but if my memory is correct (and it's fairly foggy), I saw them there again just a few months later, this time as headliners, and they were supporting Nothing's Shocking. The T-Shirt I bought was just the cover of the album - no tour dates/cities on the back.

J
Thanks J, your memory is pretty good as it was three and a half months later when they came back. :)
The show October 17, 1988 when they opened for Iggy was actually their second show at Visage.
The first show at Visage was November 20, 1987 when they opened for Love & Rockets.
Their third and final show at Visage was February 4, 1989 when they headlined in support of Nothing's Shocking.

I've been chatting with a girl named Sue who was at some of these shows and she passed along a ticket stub for the October 17, 1988 show opening for Iggy.

Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Here’s a photo ad that’s good for this date and for the show on October 18, 1988 at Brassy's Take II.

Image taken from The Orlando Sentinel dated October 16, 1988
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.