1985.0?.?? - Club Lingerie, Hollywood, CA - Illuminotic

Perry, Eric, Dave, & Stephen's road to Jane's Addiction
helicine
I Fix Shit

1985.0?.?? - Club Lingerie, Hollywood, CA - Illuminotic

Post by helicine »

https://janesaddiction.org/tour/show/il ... x-xx/1499/

We've got this placeholder record for a show or shows based on a quote by Avery on his blog, and a quote from Perry in the Whores book. More particularly this quote:
Perry Farrell: Between Psi Com and Jane's I'd go out there and improvise with just a drummer or with Eric on electric bass and I'd holler through my vocal effects box. I'd do off-the-top-of-my-head lyrics dressed in a see-thru unitard. It was a big hit at Lingerie, the Anti-Club, Charlie's Obsession.... I think we may have billed ourselves as the Illuminotics, or the Illuminati....
I can find nothing about Illuminitic playing Club Lingerie in LA Weekly from July-Oct 1985. Being that Club Lingerie was big enough to have a weekly ad listing their upcoming shows, I'm thinking Illuminotic most likely were a last minute booking. That's probably the only way a brand new band would have gotten to play there w/o being attached to another act.
janesaddiction.org
helicine
I Fix Shit

Re: 1985.0?.?? Club Lingerie, Hollywood, CA - Illuminotic

Post by helicine »

I'm reasonably confident that the one Charley's Obsession show we have found is probably the only one that happened. According to LA Weekly, they didn't open until 8/30/85 and only regularly scheduled acts on weekends.
janesaddiction.org