Jane Bainter

Jane's Addiction news & discussion
helicine
I Fix Shit

Re: Jane Bainter

Post by helicine »

You're gatekeeping rock music based on what? Some infantile and misinformed idea you've failed to grow out of? Fuck off with that noise. Rock music is for everyone and anyone who enjoys it.

As for the rest of you "piece"...

You've posted the same tired shit repeatedly, I'm just not sure who you think it is for. If this is something that is so important to you, what are you doing to rectify it aside from trolling a fan forum? Have you talked to either Jane or Casey to see if they even give a shit?
janesaddiction.org
Anson
Oblivious Troll

Post by Anson »

Hey
On Art (rock n roll included) everybody has their own opinion (I have no desire to try and force my opinion on anyone----if u disagree with mine then that is fine)
On Fan Forums (all bands included) in my lifetime I have posted about maybe 10? Posts (or thereabouts)
As for TROLLING FAN FORUMS I reject your accusation completely
What I choose (as an adult) to post is my business (if you find my posts repetitive well then feel free to not read them-----I haven't read any of yours NOM)
If you think that standing up for Jane on a Fan Forum is trolling!,well then that is your interpretation not mine
I wish Jane the best and I sincerely hope that she does get the remuneration that she deserves
Goodluck
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

Anson wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:19 pm On Art (rock n roll included) everybody has their own opinion (I have no desire to try and force my opinion on anyone----if u disagree with mine then that is fine)
You don't even follow your own opinion, if rock & roll is for "the kids", then so is rock & roll fandom - and if you honestly have that opinion, then I'd imagine you have more "grown-up" things to occupy your time with. :noclue
Anson wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:19 pm On Fan Forums (all bands included) in my lifetime I have posted about maybe 10? Posts (or thereabouts)
Yeah man, your stats TOTALLY back this claim up :roll:
Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 3.36.56 PM.png
Anson wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:19 pm As for TROLLING FAN FORUMS I reject your accusation completely
Maybe your grown ass should read up on the definition of trolling, and take a good hard look at your own posts with some fresh perspective.
Anson wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:19 pm What I choose (as an adult) to post is my business (if you find my posts repetitive well then feel free to not read them-----I haven't read any of yours NOM)
"I haven't read any of yours" he says replying to my post... come to think of it, it kinda checks out. You might want to pay an ounce of attention and realize that it is my business, but thanks anyway. By all means, please continue making yourself look like a total moron. :roll:
Anson wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:19 pm If you think that standing up for Jane on a Fan Forum is trolling!,well then that is your interpretation not mine
I wish Jane the best and I sincerely hope that she does get the remuneration that she deserves
Goodluck
No fuckstick, standing up for Jane isn't trolling, it is the method you choose to do so.

I notice you didn't actually answer me when I asked what you were doing about the "injustice" besides posting the same bullshit on a JA message board. I know what you've done: jack & shit.

You come here and repeatedly make disparaging accusations against the band, all while discounting their own talents and contributions, why? Because of some perceived injustice? Do you actually know anything outside of what you've read online and in articles? Have you actually talked in depth to Jane and Casey? Have they authorized you to advocate on their behalf?

Or are you just doing this "out of the kindness of your heart", trying to be some knight-in-shining-armor that no one asked for?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
janesaddiction.org
spunkmuffin
Ripple Street

Post by spunkmuffin »

Women have inspired musicians forever!!..She STILL is loved on for being inspiration to 1 song from a band that had many..Jane sold signed copies of that book that came out and made a little side cash..My sweetheart bought me one when I was in the hospital dying of heart failure!!..I think she cashed in honey?..Now Casey is a totally different story? She was directly involved in the creation of art and film used commercially and was paid in court for whatever she settled for? Probably not enough? ..This is ridiculous talking about this what? 30 years later?…Moooovvvve onnnnnnn!!! 😂
Anson
Oblivious Troll

Post by Anson »

Hi
When I used the word 'posts' I meant 'threads'
I have only ever posted around 10 'threads' (or is that even the word that is used here to describe starting a topic) on all fan forums (about 6 here I think and about 4 elsewhere)
I loved certain parts of Janes as a kid (teenager)and I highly valued Jane Bainter's contribution
I only found out 2 years ago (via an interview made on the aintnoright forum)that Jane was never paid
Again I reject YOUR claim of trolling
I stand over every word I wrote
Goodluck
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

Anson wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:58 pm Hi
When I used the word 'posts' I meant 'threads'
I have only ever posted around 10 'threads' (or is that even the word that is used here to describe starting a topic) on all fan forums (about 6 here I think and about 4 elsewhere)
I loved certain parts of Janes as a kid (teenager)and I highly valued Jane Bainter's contribution
I only found out 2 years ago (via an interview made on the aintnoright forum)that Jane was never paid
Again I reject YOUR claim of trolling
I stand over every word I wrote
Goodluck
And YET AGAIN you fail to say what you are doing besides "posting on fan boards" about this injustice that sounds like you "know about" from reading on fan boards. You just try and re-wordsmith your tired old bullshit.

It's sounds like you actually know little about these women and apparently don't think they're fully capable of defending themselves?

So listen here dipshit, you come around a fan forum, disparaging the band the site is about, downplaying their own talent on some sexist knight-in-shining-armor-wannabe crusade, you're trolling. Intentional or not, you're trolling - especially when you are actually doing fuck-all about it.

Reject it all you want, it doesn't matter. Your words have already spoken for you, and you're clearly incapable of introspection.
janesaddiction.org
Anson
Oblivious Troll

Post by Anson »

Hey
Out of respect to you(as one person to another)I am not going to ignore your questions (but genuinely I have nothing more I can say without sounding 'repetitive'------and as it so happens,genuinely I have said all here that I needed to say
You are dismissing the very power of the thing you love,namely 'posting on fan boards'
I believe there is potential power in that (if I didnt believe that then I would be only wasting my own time)

My only source of info regarding Jane( not been paid )was from an interview done on the aintnoright forum which I saw for the first time under 2 years ago.
Why was I even there?:
I was looking to find a good retrospective interview with Perry on the old days (85-89 esp) (and I did find a good one or two,and you kindly yourself shared a short interview or two---which was cool,so thank you.

You are right,I neither know Casey nor Jane (never met either,nor have I ever met any member of the band-----nor have i any desire to meet,or see play, any of those guys now.
I hope that those girls are more than capable of speaking up for themselves (although,jesus christ,if i am being called a troll for speaking up,who knows what kind of reaction they would receive------a good reaction hopefully from all previous and current fans.

Again,there is no trolling or no crusade or no knight in shining armour
I just used my voice,as I saw fit,to speak up for a person whom (if that interview is correct) deserves to be paid but seems not to have been.

Okay,I have nothing more to say
Take care
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

You "hope that those girls are more than capable of speaking up for themselves"? Your sexist ass is showing.

So instead of inquiring about the situation and attempting to learn more, you instead try to drum up some "righteous" fan campaign? What is really sad is how easy it is to try and learn more, instead of ignorantly disparaging people that you presumably admire (and that includes Jane and Casey).

This isn't "dismissing the very power.... of posting on fan boards". I'm pretty sure I know more about that topic than you ever will. What you are doing is an uninformed knee-jerk reaction. Had it just been one post, then whatever. Instead you've repeatedly returned over the course of 20 months to try and drum-up support for your bullshit without bringing anything to the table. Also of note is that no one besides me bothered replying to you over those 20 months until I called you out.

You are more than welcome to your opinions (valid, uninformed, or otherwise), but don't get all butt-hurt when you get called out for trolling when all you're doing is beating a dead horse.
janesaddiction.org