I think Josh is in, Dave is out...semi-permanently

Jane's Addiction news & discussion
telepicker97
Black Radio Club

I think Josh is in, Dave is out...semi-permanently

Post by telepicker97 »

The feeling I'm getting is...Josh has been writing and recording with Perry, Stephen and Eric A.

This is somehow the future of Jane's Addiction.
Almost more excited about the prospect of what that will sound like going forward than I would if it were just the 'core four'.

It seems the only question at this point would be, does Dave join them in the studio to create? Does he come back at all?

This one has a vibe and feel that sounds like it could be a real, honest-to-goodness classic era JA tune :

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/janes-a ... inid=17863
telepicker97
Black Radio Club

Re: I think Josh is in, Dave is out...semi-permanently

Post by telepicker97 »

This says to me that Josh, Troy and Daniel are definitely involved in the album and they're either still unsure whether or not Dave will be involved at all...or that the decision has been made and they don't want to announce it yet.
For the band's current tour, they've got former Red Hot Chili Peppers member Josh Klinghoffer on guitar, in place of Dave Navarro, who's been struggling with long COVID. In the AltPress interview, Perry Farrell said Dave, Josh, Queens of the Stone Age's Troy Van Leeuwen (who filled in for Dave on a recent tour), and Bauhaus' Daniel Ash (ditto) could all potentially contribute to the new album.
brian817
Black Radio Club

Post by brian817 »

When the tour with the Smashing Pumpkins was announced with Eric back, followed by the announcement that Dave still had "long-covid," he was said to be planning on working in the studio while the band was out on tour. Maybe the new song is one that Dave helped write and Josh learned it? Maybe it's a song so new that it just came about from them jamming with Josh? Eric wouldn't want to play it if he wasn't into it and thinks the fans would dig it, regardless of who's playing guitar on yet another run of shows playing the old songs.
almerin
Black Radio Club

Post by almerin »

I don't see him returning this year live or studio. Might be related to Chaney getting out. I liked Dave's guitar on the title track of Song Yet to be Sung bcuz it was alternative. After that Dave went too much commercial hard rock not much alternative. Can Josh get Jane's back to their alternative sound before Strays.
almerin
Black Radio Club

Post by almerin »

Dave, if you're reading this is what I'm talking about.
Devin
Be Live

Post by Devin »

Hi Perry

Josh K, arousal begins
Daniel A, testes are full
Troy V, solid throbbing erection

All 3 on the new Jane's record...
Ejaculation is uncontainable.
almerin
Black Radio Club

Post by almerin »

I love seeing Janes Addiction live with two guitar players much more can be done that way with the jams. Two electric guitar players, one clean and one distorted with an extra guy on the bongos will get the party started.