Did Jane’s ever cover a Gordon Lightfoot song?

Jane's Addiction news & discussion
garbeaj
Luddite

Did Jane’s ever cover a Gordon Lightfoot song?

Post by garbeaj »

Hi all…This is my first post but I’ve been a Jane’s fan since 1988 and I’m a guitar player who has been learning their music since I first heard them.

The great singer-songwriter guitarist Gordon Lightfoot just passed away-as of this writing it was yesterday, May 1, 2023. EVERY news outlet on Earth that has covered the death of this extraordinary musician keeps claiming that Jane’s Addiction covered at least one Gordon Lightfoot song…

Does anyone have any idea if these is true?! I can find no record of such a cover online and I was hoping someone here could prove/disprove this idea. My guess is that it had to have been a live cover or some unreleased studio track because I don’t see a Gordon Lightfoot cover in any official release.

I’m skeptical that any such cover exists, but I wanted to check with this community to see if I could get some definitive answer. Thanks for any information!
helicine
I Fix Shit

Re: Did Jane’s ever cover a Gordon Lightfoot song?

Post by helicine »

Yes, I also saw references to JA being on of the many bands to cover Lightfoot, and my reactions as "They did? Maybe?"

For the life of me, I can't think of what song it would be and/or when it happened - but my memory isn't always the greatest with things like that. I can't find any references to it in the show listings either.

Mike, this ring a bell at all?
janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: Did Jane’s ever cover a Gordon Lightfoot song?

Post by Mike »

No, they never covered Gordon Lightfoot. At least not that I’m aware of. There’s certainly plenty of shows out there that I’ve never heard because there are no recordings of them, but I never ever heard of them covering him.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."