Archived Perry & Satellite Party tour dates, reviews, and info
hydro
Addict

9/19/08 Five Points, SC

Post by hydro »

http://www.thestate.com/local/story/517 ... ?RSS=local
Posted on Mon, Sep. 08, 2008 set for 5 Points party
By OTIS R. TAYLOR JR. - otaylor@thestate.com
The mystery is solved: Perry Farrell and Gavin DeGraw will headline the Sept. 19 block party in Five Points.

The event, part of wireless company T-Mobile’s “Hello Carolinas” campaign, will start at 6 p.m.

Farrell, the former frontman of the ’90s alternative band Jane’s Addiction, now fronts Satellite Party, alt-rockers known to cover Farrell’s former band.

DeGraw, a singer-songwriter whose “I Don’t Want to Be” enjoys ubiquity as the theme for “One Tree Hill,” released a self-titled album this year.

It was revealed last week that DJ AM, an in-demand Hollywood and Las Vegas DJ, and Travis Barker, the former Blink 182 drummer, will open the concert.

Here’s the best part: It’s all free.

The stage will be set up at Greene and Harden streets, and fans will be allowed to roam the blocked-off streets with beer and wine bought from Five Points bars. (No liquor will be allowed outside bars.)

T-Mobile, which purchased SunCom, is introducing its brand to the Carolinas with two block parties. The other, featuring The Bravery and The Offspring, will be held Sept. 20, the day after the Columbia concert, in Charlotte.

In addition to paying for the concert, T-Mobile will give the city of Columbia and The Five Points Association checks for $12,500, said Merritt McHaffie, the association’s executive director.

“I’m really excited because this is another way to showcase our neighborhood and our merchants,” McHaffie said.

Reach Taylor at (803) 771-8362.
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

I Love Perry but I CANNOT believe he's not pushing for a Janes tour. Doing a few songs with Carl and Etty (NOT even SP) is such a waste of time imo.
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

http://www.thestate.com/local/story/530805.html
Concert scene turns memorial
Travis Barker and DJ AM rocked Five Points Friday night, and the downtown community didn’t have time to recover from the thrilling set before news of their plane crash began spreading.

The Five Points fountain, where so many nodded their heads to the pulsing beats, is now a memorial for the crash victims.

Candles have been placed at the fountain “for those in the community to express their grief for the victims of this tragedy,” a release from The Five Points Association said.

Barker and DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, perform under the name TRAVSDJ-AM. They kicked off “T-Mobile Boulevard,” the block party event that was part of the wireless company’s “Hello Carolinas” campaign.

Perry Farrell and Gavin DeGraw also performed, but many observers said the openers stole the show.

-- Otis Taylor

hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

sonny
Drama Queen

Post by sonny »

bman wrote:I Love Perry but I CANNOT believe he's not pushing for a Janes tour. Doing a few songs with Carl and Etty (NOT even SP) is such a waste of time imo.
he's playing jane's addiction as is... getting 100% of the paycheck... why split it?

i doubt jane's addiciton would be playing "these kinds of events" anyway.
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

sonny wrote:
he's playing jane's addiction as is... getting 100% of the paycheck... why split it?
Perrys a smart man
sonny wrote:i doubt jane's addiciton would be playing "these kinds of events" anyway.
yeah playing a free show for fans, drinking and wondering drunk though the streets,having a good time and partying with fellow musicians is just soooo uncool :roll:
janes addiction is too cool for that,their too cool to even have a band anymore ;)
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »