Jane's and NIN's 2009 Tour

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
michael_e
Black Radio Club

18 years

Post by michael_e »

LAst time I saw JAnes addiction and Nine Inch Nails was 18 years ago...Thats crazy............I refused to see Jane's without Eric. I'm a Loyal fan. Before that I saw them at the Palladium in L.A. with The Pixies and Primus............I hope I'm not the only old man at the Verizon show.....I hope all real music fans will show up...I'm tired of all this pop shit and fake guitar hero wanabees''''''''dammm Take real lessons or something......JAnes Rules forever.......
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Three new dates:

This one is another NINJA date.
05/21/09 - Santa Barbara, CA [Santa Barbara Bowl]
http://www.janesaddiction.com/

These two are the first confirmed UK festival dates.
07/11/2009 - Balado, Kinross-Shire, Scotland
T In The Park Festival
http://tinthepark.com/content/

07/12/2009 - Punchestown Racecourse, Co. Kildare, Ireland
Oxygen Festival
http://www.oxegen.ie/2009/
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Nine Inch Nails, Jane's Addiction announce O2 date

By John Hill on April 14, 2009 1:07 PM | Tagged with:Jane's Addiction, music, Nine Inch Nails, The O2

Industrial rock group Nine Inch Nails will join Jane's Addiction at the O2 arena on July 15.

The popular American bands will head to Greenwich as part of their NIN/JA tour, which will begin in Palm Beach, Florida next month.

The tour will also appear at Manchester's MEN arena on July 14. The only other date in England is a pre-scheduled appearance at the Sonsiphere festival at Knebworth on August 2.

Tickets will go on general sale on April 17.

NIN boast a dark, electronic sound which has been heard on albums such as Pretty Hate Machine, Broken and the Downward Spiral. Frontman Trent Reznor penned the mournful Hurt, which was poignantly covered by Johnny Cash before his death in 2003.

LA alternative band Jane's Addiction won over fans on several continents with razor-sharp, bouncing tracks such as Been Caught Stealing. They broke up in 1991 and 2004, but re-united in 2008.
http://www.wharf.co.uk/2009/04/nine-inc ... ictio.html

07/14/2009 - MEN Arena, Manchester, England
07/15/2009 - O2 Arena, London, England
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Here's another Jane's only date for the list.

06/13/2009 - nTelos Wireless Pavilion, Portsmouth, VA
Jane's Addiction

Date: Saturday, June 13
Showtime: 8pm

General Admission Orchestra: $49.75
Gold Circle: $39.75
Lawn: $25

On Sale: Friday, April 24 @ 10am

Concert Description: Jane's Addiction aggressively melds avant-garde, funk, metal, and punk with raw energy. Formed in the late eighties, the band stood out as an incomparable force. In an LA club scene convulsing with bands, Jane's became one of the most talked-about and soon entered the mainstream with voracious force, cutting through the pop froth and hair metal popular at the time and influencing countless artists to come.

In the seventeen years since the original line-up's last performance, there has been an ebb and flow of band formations and side projects until... In April 2008, Perry Farrell, Dave Navarro, Stephen Perkins and Eric Avery reformed to play again when British music magazine N.M.E. honored the band's legacy with their "Godlike Genius Award".

Jane's Addiction, from the start, featured four disparate personalities who came together as a thunderous machine on stage. Their various influences culminated in a glamorous and heady rock fusion of darkness, soul, aggression, and zealousness. Early performances gained the band a reputation for legendary live shows.

Jane's Addiction next "creation" would unite what Perry Farrell refers to as "the alternative nation". Conceived of by Farrell, Lollapalooza featured other unorthodox voices in an unlikely mash-up that would lay the foundation for future festivals.

Today the legacy of Jane's Addiction remains intact as a beautifully gothic, romantic, decadent, hypnotic, swirling, bohemian celebration.

Military Discount: Present a military ID at any Ticketmaster outlet or the box office and receive $3.00 off Gold Circle and Lawn tickets purchased.

PLEASE NOTE: All shows are rain or shine. All dates, times, and artists are subject to change without notice. A facility and parking charge is already included in the ticket price. Additional convenience charges will apply.
http://www.pavilionconcerts.com/content29.asp

Thanks go out to Baby KK over at Xiola for the heads up.

I haven't seen anything about a pre-sale for this one yet.
Stay tuned.
Mudget
Xenon West

Post by Mudget »

Check this shit out.

Over at NIN, in an official, stickied thread, I found this:

For WEEKDAY shows:
Street Sweeper Social Club: 7:00 - 7:30pm
Nine Inch Nails: 7:45 - 9:15pm
Jane's Addiction: 9:30 - close

For WEEKEND shows:
Street Sweeper Social Club: 7:30 - 8:00pm
Nine Inch Nails: 8:15 - 9:45pm
Jane's Addiction: 10:00 - close

That's right.

The mighty Jane's Addiction will be the headliner.

Hellz yeah.
ESFOS
Radio Tokyo

Post by ESFOS »

Mudget wrote:Check this shit out.

Over at NIN, in an official, stickied thread, I found this:

For WEEKDAY shows:
Street Sweeper Social Club: 7:00 - 7:30pm
Nine Inch Nails: 7:45 - 9:15pm
Jane's Addiction: 9:30 - close

For WEEKEND shows:
Street Sweeper Social Club: 7:30 - 8:00pm
Nine Inch Nails: 8:15 - 9:45pm
Jane's Addiction: 10:00 - close

That's right.

The mighty Jane's Addiction will be the headliner.

Hellz yeah.

I like it. Hopefully we will get a decent set in terms of length. NIN fans prob not going to be happy about it.
Mudget
Xenon West

Post by Mudget »

ESFOS wrote:
I like it. Hopefully we will get a decent set in terms of length. NIN fans prob not going to be happy about it.
Nope. Many of them are already going apeshit over there. In fact, it has prompted this response from Trent himself:

"Keep in mind an awful lot of thought has gone into this decision - certainly MUCH more than most of the comments here. The beauty of the situation is this: if you want to leave, LEAVE. Nobody's forcing you to stay - go home.
The show NIN is going to play is the exact opposite of LITS. The sets will be truly varied, there's no production limitations and we know a LOT of material now. I wanted play first, and I wanted to start the set in daylight. If you're here reading and frothing on this board, you're likely a fan. You've likely seen us recently - this is a chance to see something quite different. JA is not bigger than us and we're not bigger than JA - this is an issue of respect and simply WHAT I WANT TO DO because I do have a master plan here. Open up your minds for a second and lay off the knee-jerk reactionary bullshit for a second - it's embarrassing for all of us."
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

I love that Trent is showing so much respect for Janes,it only makes sense Janes would headline.

now that I know for sure Janes are last I better start exercising and getting my body in shape for being slammed in between 1,000's of people and a metal rail or fence watching NIN :rockon: :fighting: :biggrin:
ill probley get closterphobic(sp) and have a panic attack :lol:
my boyfriend will probley get us kicked out before janes comes on for being to crazy or spilling beer on some girl.................it just dont seem the same as it use to be at shows now days people get sooo mad if u bump(mosh) into them.................and hey if u dont want beer spilled all over your new pretty shirt dont get in the pit with a cup of beer in your hand DUHHHHH :roll: :lol:

im just getting really anxious for these shows,I really CANT wait!!! :party: :redguydancing:
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Mudget wrote:" I do have a master plan here."
I think we should all expect something very spectacular for this show,Ive seen NIN a few times and trent dont fuck around.Hes going to make this HUGE and for one reason to honor JANES ADDICTION.

I read on twitter, trent or one of the guys were talking about rehersal and their costumes and if the wings work on the costumes then we will be blown away ...or something like that.

so this show really is going to be something to see and experiance
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell