2009.06.14 Chevrolet Theatre, Wallingford, CT

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
hydro
Addict

2009.06.14 Chevrolet Theatre, Wallingford, CT

Post by hydro »

JanesAddiction.com Members-Only Pre-Sale -- 4/30 -- Wallingford, CT

We're excited to announce another pre-sale for a Jane's-only headlining show!
This JanesAddiction.com members-only pre-sale is starting on Thursday, April 30th, at 1:00 PM (local venue time). Members will have access to purchase pre-sale tickets to the following show:

Sunday, June 14th, 2009 - Wallingford, CT [Chevrolet Theatre]

To purchase tickets, login to your account on JanesAddiction.com (or sign up for free if you don't have one), find the event on either the homepage or Tour page, and either click on the event to view additional information or click on the BUY TICKETS button to buy tickets directly. Tickets are available on a first-come first-serve basis. Tickets are non-transferable. Limit six (6) tickets per person. Purchase your tickets as soon as possible because quantities are limited. Pre-sale will end when allotment is exhausted or on Friday, May 1st, 2009 at 6:00 PM (local venue time). Tickets will be on sale to the general public on Saturday, May 2nd, 2009.

Pre-sale Start: Thursday, April 30th @ 1:00 PM (local venue time)
Pre-sale End: Thursday, April 16th @ 6:00 PM (local venue time)
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

two pit tix..That'll be 3 shows in 1 week. Good Times.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Jane's Addiction

When: June 14 : 7:30 p.m.
Price: $38-$55.
Event Phone Number: 203-265-1501

Chevrolet Theatre (formerly Oakdale)
95 South Turnpike Road
Wallingford, CT 06492
203-265-1501

The NIN/JA tour may be wrapping up without sniffing Connecticut soil, but Perry Farrell, Dave Navarro and the rest of Jane’s Addiction’s reunited original lineup is nevertheless showing the state some love with a stop at Chevy on June 14.

While initial news of in-studio bickering had some wondering about the Jane’s crew’s ability to keep it together on the road, it’s been relatively smooth sailing. Not even a torn calf muscle Farrell endured at an Atlanta tour stop in mid-May could slow the band down, and the alt-rock icons have been playing well-received sets to enthusiastic crowds. Expect a setlist heavy on material recorded by the band’s original line-up, as bassist Eric Avery is back in the fold for the first time since the group’s original break-up in 1991.

Street Sweeper Social Club, Tom Morello’s new project with Boots Riley, opens the show.

The NIN/JA tour may have passed, but you can still score a free tour sampler EP, featuring newly recorded versions of Jane’s Addiction’s “Chip Away” and “Whores,” at www.ninja2009.com.
http://connecticut.metromix.com/music/r ... 70/content
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

CHEVROLET THEATRE

Jane's Addiction Wraps Up Tour In Wallingford

By ERIC R. DANTON | Courant Staff Writer
June 12, 2009

The first few attempts at a reunion didn't take, but it's looking good this time for all four original members of Jane's Addiction.

The Los Angeles band, responsible in the late '80s for fusing punk, funk and metal when the rest of L.A. was focused on the Sunset Strip hair-metal scene, first broke up in 1991. A 1997 reformation that lasted until 2004 featured Flea of Red Hot Chili Peppers and various others on bass in place of founding member Eric Avery, who declined to participate over lingering bad feeling from the rift with singer Perry Farrell that prompted the original lineup to dissolve.

By 2008, Avery was over it, and he joined Farrell, guitarist Dave Navarro and drummer Stephen Perkins to perform at the inaugural NME Awards USA in Los Angeles. The gig went well enough the musicians began building slowly toward what became this spring's full-on tour, which ends Sunday in Wallingford.

"It starts with friendships and getting along together as all four of us," Perkins says. "It's been 20 years since we really hung out, so we wanted to test those waters together before we got on a bus together."

A handful of shows around L.A. persuaded the four that the old musical chemistry was still there.

"Having all four of us in that room and finding that groove, it felt right," says Perkins.

It didn't hurt that each had found a life outside of Jane's Addiction, which removed a good deal of the intensity all four had projected onto the band — some of which they alleviated with booze, drugs and debauchery. That took its toll, Perkins says.

"Quality and communication are what's going to disappear in those situations," he says. "Creatively, to be together and party, that's one thing, but when things start getting dark and people disappear, that's going to affect things."

Despite the turmoil that often enveloped Jane's Addiction in its original incarnation, Perkins recalls it as a fertile creative time — as documented in the band's new boxed set, "A Cabinet of Curiosities." The collection features three CDs of demos, rarities and live tracks, and a DVD that includes music videos, concert footage and the movie "Soul Kiss." Most of the material for the set came from Perkins, who had stashed it away over the years.

"Back then, I loved collecting the fliers and the posters and the audio tapes from the night," Perkins says. "A lot of the stuff sonically is not that great, but I wanted to get it out because of the character of it."

Indeed, one disc includes all the songs the band recorded after signing a record deal in 1986.

"We spent I think a week in the studio recording all our songs for Warner Brothers to see what was going to go on 'Nothing's Shocking,'" Perkins says. "Those sessions ended up being on the boxed set, which is cool, because it's a one-take session of all those songs."

Although the band did spend a couple of weeks in a recording studio, there are no plans yet to release new material. For now, the band is focused on the live shows and the musicians' rejuvenated friendships.

"It's hard to believe how long ago it was and how different we all were," Perkins says. "Looking at it now, everything is — I wouldn't use the word serious, but we all want to see things through now."

•JANE'S ADDICTION performs Sunday with Street Sweeper at Chevrolet Theatre, 95 South Turnpike Road, Wallingford. Tickets for the 7:30 p.m. show are $55, $48 and $38. Information: 203-265-1501.
http://www.courant.com/entertainment/mu ... 2713.story
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

I checked out this venue this morning when my Son and I rolled into town.
It looks nice.

This whole city / state in nice for that matter.

I have to run now but after the show I'll tryand jump back on here with some details.
Jasper
The Co Co Club

Post by Jasper »

I am missing out on this one, so I hope for a vivid report.
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Thank you Etty!~
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Jasper wrote:I am missing out on this one, so I hope for a vivid report.
You should have came Jasper the pit was hectic but fun.

Great show but no new songs tonight.
The setlist picture Etty tweeted is correct but but Had A Dad was skipped / not played.

I recorded the whole show from the pit with my Son's help and permission.

Highlight tonight was Tom joining Jane's for Mountain Song!
Dave and him were incredible on that one.
Perk and Eric were holding it together.

What a ride :!:

Perry also came out for one song during SSSC set.
I can't remember the name of the song at this moment but it was a welcome surprise.

bman it was nice meeting you.
Sorry that we got split up there at the end.
When we got tossed out and came back where you were you were already gone.
There was no aftershow to speak of so you didn't miss out in that sense.

When they tossed us out my Son and I walked around back and were able to tell everyone goodbye, thanks for the tour, and thanks again for the wonderful treatment in general.

I have a bunch of pics my Son took.
I'm really impressed with his pics too.
It seems the boy is a lot better taking pics than Dad. ;)
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Now that I've chowed and refilled my glass I just wanted to add a few things.
The band and crowd tonight were off the hook!
The bands level was just off the chart and the crown answered back.

While I enjoyed the two shows I saw this tour with NIN the shows without them reached another level.

It's like the band feed off the crowd that were there for them.

I watched and recorded the show from the back of the pit and what went on in front of me reminded me very much of the good old days on so many levels.

Thanks a ton for everything Perry, Eric, Perk, and Dave! :cool:

Thanks also to Mrs. Etty Farrell.
You really made my Son and I feel most welcome.
We had a blast!
Jasper
The Co Co Club

Post by Jasper »

Glad to hear there was some motion in the pit!

I wish I could have joined you all, but I had a lot going on leading up to Sunday, and I've got a lot to do Monday. I had some car trouble too, and the proper parts won't be at the shop until Monday, so I was nervous about the safety of my ride.

It was on my mind for days. I came close to pulling it off, but not quite. :(

These boys need to roll back around to New England ASAP. Play us a theatre show in Boston, not an hour away! I haven't seen a Jane's theatre show in Boston (or anywhere else) since 1990!

Glad you and your kid had a good time, Mike.