2010.06.11 Rock In Rio, Madrid, Spain

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
hydro
Addict

2010.06.11 Rock In Rio, Madrid, Spain

Post by hydro »

looking around and doing some translating seems like this could be.
here's the Rock In Rio facebook
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: 2010.06.11 Rock In Rio, Madrid, Spain

Post by Mike »

Wow June 11th that's less than two months away and came right out of left field.
I wonder if they'll play any new tunes and if there will be any warm-up shows?
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

aerial view
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvHf63Wtuek[/youtube]
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Rihanna, Shakira Draw Huge Rock In Rio Madrid Audience
June 07, 2010 - Global | Touring | Rock and Pop

By Howell Llewellyn, Madrid

Rock in Rio Madrid broke its own attendance record on Saturday (June 5) with 87,000 fans turning out for Rihanna and Shakira.

It was Rihanna's first ever concert in Spain and her only Spanish date scheduled for this year. And Shakira is an old favorite in Spain, where she has spent time living and writing songs in a country house.

Rock in Rio says 51,000 fans attended the first night on June 4, when the only major non-Spanish act to appear was Jon Bon Jovi, after John Mayer pulled out because of illness. Macaco and Pereza, two Spanish bands, played on the World Stage before Bon Jovi.

Prior to Rihanna and then Shakira taking to the World Stage, Puerto Rican reggaeton act Calle 13 warmed up the large crowd. There was some criticism of the fact that Rihanna took nearly an hour to follow Calle 13, but the performance won the crowd over - and they got to see her newly cropped red hair.

This is the second five-day Rock in Rio Madrid event at Arganda del Rey, some 17 miles from Madrid. In 2008, the last occasion it was staged, the opening Friday and Saturday attendance was 51,000 then 46,000. The total over five days in 2008 was 290,000.

This year the first weekend stretched to Sunday, June 6, which was the first 'Family Day' targeted at young music fans. For every two tickets sold at €69 each a day ($82), a third one was given free.

After the Rihanna and Shakira day of the festival, the Family Day crowd seemed small, with Amy MacDonald, McFly and Miley Cyrus, for her first concert in Spain, playing the World Stage. Rock in Rio says 36,000 people attended but did not specify how many of those were free entry.

Cyrus pleased her young devotees, while older Spanish fans would have appreciated the song she performed with local hero David Bisbal. They sang "When I Look At You," from the film "The Last Song" which was premiered in Spain last weekend and which stars Cyrus. She began her performance with the title track from "Can't Be Tamed" (Universal), which is released in Spain on June 22.

The next Rock in Rio Madrid concert is on June 11, when Rage Against the Machine, Jane's Addiction and Cypress Hill take to the main stage. It is possible the attendance record could be broken again on the last night, June 14, when rock finally arrives at Rock in Rio with Metallica, Motorhead and Madrid's Sober.
http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_ ... ef184ec92e
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
duasol
Black Radio Club

Post by duasol »

Has anyone (especially some one who can read Spanish) looked in to see if the concert for Jane's is live streaming? Rock in Rio usually has a live stream.

I'm having trouble finding one.
duasol
Black Radio Club

Post by duasol »

Just found this link. Hopefully it will work:

http://www.rtve.es/noticias/rock-in-rio/directo/
duasol
Black Radio Club

Post by duasol »

Rock in Rio usually streams the concerts (unless the band asks them not to). I found this link that might allow us to watch the Jane's show:

http://www.rtve.es/noticias/rock-in-rio/directo/
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

ah awesome for finding that link duasol!hope we could get that lucky!

looks like Perry is ready to go!!!
Madrid- About to kiss you deep! Such passion for life and love. See you on stage in a few hours. Perry Farrell (Amigo De Pau Gasol.) about 1 hour ago via web
duasol
Black Radio Club

Post by duasol »

The text translated under says it will be covering Cypress Hill and Jane's Addiction today, so it's hopeful.
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

seems as if the rock in rio front page is now confirming this :yeay:
http://www.rockinriomadrid.es/