Luddite

Re: Jane's Addiction - May 5, 2010

Post by cosmicfriend »

Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Pandemonium wrote:
LizardWiz wrote:If by "has it's perks" you are taking a stab at Mike and Eric for getting an invite by suggesting that it is some sort of an anomoly for administrators of a fan website to get some sort of preferential treatment, then you are probably wrong in most instances.
From yesterday's acoustic show at the Hollywood Guitar Center:

"perry acknowledged mike and praised him and said that he flew him out just to see the show."

'nuff said.
And this is a problem?

I was honored to be mentioned, thrilled to have the opportunity to be there, and thankful for what was probably one of the coolest things anyone has ever done for me.

I make no apologies for my good fortune and don't understand why anyone would be anything but happy for me. :noclue:

Every member of this site benefits from it and I'd like to publicly thank the band for having Erik and myself as their guests the past couple days.

It was wonderful to see everyone again and great to meet you Duff. :wave:
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Thanks Dan! :thumb:
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

That's the vip model.
I know there were at least two other colors.
Maybe more.
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

Handsome Mike wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
LizardWiz wrote:If by "has it's perks" you are taking a stab at Mike and Eric for getting an invite by suggesting that it is some sort of an anomoly for administrators of a fan website to get some sort of preferential treatment, then you are probably wrong in most instances.

"perry acknowledged mike and praised him and said that he flew him out just to see the show."

'nuff said.
And this is a problem?

I was honored to be mentioned, thrilled to have the opportunity to be there, and thankful for what was probably one of the coolest things anyone has ever done for me.

I make no apologies for my good fortune and don't understand why anyone would be anything but happy for me. :noclue:

Every member of this site benefits from it and I'd like to publicly thank the band for having Erik and myself as their guests the past couple days.

It was wonderful to see everyone again and great to meet you Duff. :wave:

Didn't you hear Mike...It's not cool to like Janes or Perry anymore! Glad you had a great time..I'm excited to see and hear more from this new Janes era..I hope they play the east coast soon.
LizardWiz
Radio Tokyo

Post by LizardWiz »

Pandemonium wrote:

'nuff said.
I guess I don't see your point here.
This is clearly evidence to support the theory that a fan site admin probably gets neat-o perks.
:noclue:
Pandemonium
Black Radio Club

Post by Pandemonium »

Handsome Mike wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:

'nuff said.
And this is a problem?
The quote was in reference to LizardWiz' ill-informed, overly defensive whining which he's been doing for several days here and on Xiola as seen once again above. I know you've been a hard core fan of the band for years and have done a lot of work collecting info on shows, etc as well as running this site on behalf of the band, thus it's nice as well as generous of Perry to fly you out to catch the show.
spunkmuffin
Ripple Street

Post by spunkmuffin »

This is just a dumb thing to bring into such a happy moment....I think...and this is just my thoughts....That I hope the fuck perry writes that shit off on his taxes...I think... there is so much love to spread around that maybe all the fella'z that work so hard should get love...I think it'z none of our biz...I think we should jest rejoice in others happy times...I think it'z great how well the boyz are playing (Perry sang his balls off the other nite)...I think if yer spending time being worked up about shit that doesnt matter...maybe it'z time to get a life...But again thats jest what I think ;)
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

bman wrote:Didn't you hear Mike...It's not cool to like Janes or Perry anymore! Glad you had a great time..I'm excited to see and hear more from this new Janes era..I hope they play the east coast soon.
That's OK bman, I was never one of the cool kids anyway. :lol:
I wish you could have been out in L.A. this past week.
The new songs are sounding great and I know you'd have loved to have been there.

We'll get some dates in our neck of the woods down the road at some point and the guys should have a new albums worth of songs to choose from when they get here.

Hang in there! :)