2010.05.05 Bardot, Hollywood, CA

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
helicine
I Fix Shit

Re: Jane's Addiction - May 5, 2010

Post by helicine »

So even tho we weren't able to get Barton over to the VIP section, he not only was still able to get a good close view of the stage, but he ends up in a shitload of pictures too :lol: :rockon:
janesaddiction.org
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

janesaddiction.org
LizardWiz
Radio Tokyo

Post by LizardWiz »

That show looks awesome!
I wish I could have been there...
:rockon:
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

LizardWiz wrote:That show looks awesome!
I wish I could have been there...
:rockon:
:lol: :cheers:
janesaddiction.org
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

As I was leaving last night, I spotted the guy who runs Pop Candies TV youtube channel outside. I just checked to see if he has any footage up...nothing yet, but if we keep checking back, I think he'll have something up later.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PopCandiesTv
www.lawomanphotography.com
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

www.lawomanphotography.com
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

spunkmuffin wrote:Hope someone tapes it........I wanna hear and see it :nod:
Mission accomplished and it sounds great on these tiny speakers! :yeay: :wootwoot: :coffee:
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

helicine wrote:tomorrow will be epic
It was and then some!

A quick thank you to the hottie who was breathing on my neck and smashing her breast into my back all night! ;)

What a truly amazing night!

I'll post a lot more about it once I get back to the hotel tonight but I'm off to do some research.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Jane’s Addiction at Bardot: Concert Review and Photos
Thursday, May 6, 2010 10:42AM - By Carl Pocket

BeatCrave hopes everyone had the best of Cinco De Mayo’s as the 2010 version is one that will go down in our memories. Last night we were on the scene at one of our favorite secrets in Hollywood, Bardot, to catch the exclusive live debut of Jane’s Addiction new line up featuring bassist Duff McKagan (of Guns N’ Roses fame).

Bardot was packed with fans that had been in line for over 12 hours just to catch this free “shorty set” as Perry Farrell would explain. Coming out with an open bottle of wine, Farrell and crew would be welcomed to the main floor with a familiar opening before breaking into the classic “Stop!”

The night would just keep getting better as we began to hear how McKagan take control of bass with the opening lines of “Mountain Song.” Sure; the driving bass lines made famous by Eric Avery weren’t the same but McKagan showed why he is world class on the 4 string and threw in his own unique flair on this classic.

If just hearing these two wasn’t enough, the crowd was also treated to a brand now Jane’s Addiction song that Perry said was called “Old Soulmate”. After performing the song, he went on to explain that it was about when his female friends would meet men and say they were their soul mates and Perry would respond, “Well that’s just another old soul mate.”

We were promised five songs and even with a scratchy voice, that couldn’t have been helped by the excess drinking, the band continued past that fifth song into a sixth and sixth. Perry even took the time to give someone in the crowd a birthday cake, wish happy birthday to that woman at the table, and have the time to introduce the famous musicians in the crowd - Hello, Tom Morrello and members of Fishbone.

A half set that clocked in at about 30 minutes with Perry dancing around, a shirtless Dave Navarro puffing away on a cigarette, Stephen Perkins blasting away the drums and Duff showing his poise taking the reins from the iconic Eric Avery. Old songs, hit singles and even a new song thrown in the mix showed that even a shorty can be a goodie.

Jane’s Addiction Cinco De Mayo/Bardot Setlist:

Stop
Mountain Song
Had a Dad
Old Soulmate (new song)
Whores
Pigs in Zen
Ain’t No Right
Ocean Size
http://beatcrave.com/2010-05-06/janes-a ... nd-photos/
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell