2011.05.10 Moscone West Convention Center, San Francisco, CA

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
hydro
Addict

2011.05.10 Moscone West Convention Center, San Francisco, CA

Post by hydro »

Jane's Addiction's Google I/O Concert Will Be Live-Streamed on Tuesday

Posted on May 10th 2011 1:12AM by Benjy Eisen

In line with rumors that Google plans to unveil details about a new music service during its Google I/O Developer Conference in San Francisco on Tuesday, May 10, Jambands.com reports that the entertainment part of the program will be hosted by none other than Jane's Addiction. The bad news? It's a private event. The good news? It will be live-streamed straight from I/O Live, beginning at 10:30PM ET. Of course, the fact that Google booked such a marquee band as Jane's Addiction, coupled with the fact that they're making it available as a free live-stream, only reinforces the already-credible rumors that Google has some pretty big announcements of immediate interest to the music world. Way to get our attention.

As Spinner has been reporting, Jane's Addiction's search for a new, permanent bass player is still ongoing. Following the departure of founding member Eric Avery in early 2010, Duff McKagan (OG bassist for Guns 'N' Roses, Velvet Revolver) joined for a brief spell. When he followed Avery out the exit door, the band recruited TV on the Radio's Dave Sitek who, indeed, plays bass on the majority of the band's forthcoming new album, 'The Great Escape Artist.' Sitek, however, is currently on the road with his main endeavor, so touring bassist Chris Chaney is expected to perform with the band for their Google I/O Developer set.

Jane's Addiction has always had a special relationship with San Francisco -- legendary rock promoter Bill Graham was an early supporter of the group and helped them build a fanbase in the Bay Area before they broke nationally. When the band performed at Shoreline Amphitheatre on their 2009 summer tour with Nine Inch Nails, Farrell told the audience that the band always felt a special kinship with Bay Area bands such as the Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane and Country Joe & the Fish -- both politically and, well, psychedelically. We shall see how much of that likeness and spirit translates at this major corporate event. Thanks to live-streaming, you can tune in and judge for yourself.

Any questions? Google it.

http://www.spinner.com/2011/05/10/janes ... ve-stream/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr0IgIocVm0[/youtube]
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
hydro
Addict

Re: 2011.05.10 Moscone West Convention Center, San Francisco

Post by hydro »

and I suppose this has something to do with tonight's event
[yt]http://youtu.be/4tMqslXu718[/yt]
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Charles
One West

Post by Charles »

I want to go to this so bad, its just a few blocks from my work, but I have a feeling that NO ONE will get in if you dont have tickets... :evil:
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

streaming now :thumb: waiting for the band to take the stage :biggrin:
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

hydro wrote:streaming now :thumb: waiting for the band to take the stage :biggrin:
Yep me too.
It's times like this I'm glad I hooked my tv up to my pc.
The stream looks great.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Mike wrote: I'm glad I hooked my tv up to my pc.
The stream looks great.
same here :thumb:

well I can see this is gonna take a minute lol need some hot tea and a bong hit :hydro: :coffee: :zzz: :coffee:
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

so far: Stop!, ANR, End To The Lies

sounds great and looks great, the guys looks awesome but wth theres just something so wrong about this lol
Sojourner
Variety Arts Center

Post by Sojourner »

Wow, so smooth :cool:
“With a bracing combination of metal, punk, and psychedelica, coupled with lead singer Perry Farrell's banshee-in-a-wind tunnel vocals”...
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

solid performance! Ted sounded great! the set list so far...

Stop!
Aint No Right
End To The Lies
Just Because
Ted, Just Admit It
Been Caught Stealing
Mountain Song
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Stop!
Aint No Right
End To The Lies
Just Because
Ted, Just Admit It
Been Caught Stealing
Mountain Song
Jane Says