2011.10.03 & 04 John Anson Ford Theatre, Los Angeles, CA

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
blg
Power Tools

Re: Jane's Addiction @ John Anson Ford Theatre in October

Post by blg »

I got into Ticketmaster the second tix went onsale and managed to get a pair for October 4th. On my second try, both shows were sold out. Really looking forward to the show.
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

blg wrote:I got into Ticketmaster the second tix went onsale and managed to get a pair for October 4th. On my second try, both shows were sold out. Really looking forward to the show.
very cool! happy for you and will be looking forward to hearing about your time at the show!
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Perry Farrell Promises 'Low-Down, Dirty Club Show' for Jane's Addiction Gigs
Singer also designing elaborate touring production for next year
By Steve Baltin
September 30, 2011 10:20 AM ET

Jane's Addiction returns to Los Angeles' John Anson Ford Amphitheatre for the first time since 1989 on October 3rd and 4th – and Perry Farrell can't wait.

"I’m pretty psyched about it," Farrell tells Rolling Stone. The two gigs at the 1400-person capacity theatre are part of a six-show tour that already stopped at Chicago's Metro and wraps up at New York's Irving Plaza October 17th and 18th, with stops in between at Florida's DeLuna Fest and Atlantic City's House Of Blues.

Farrell promises the intimate shows will recall the late Eighties/early Nineties days of "Juana's Addicion." "This is gonna be like a low-down, dirty club show for people to see Jane’s Addiction up close," he says.

The October 18th Irving Plaza show coincides with the release of the group's highly anticipated new album, The Great Escape Artist. The album will get the large-scale live production next year. "I have the set already in my mind," he says. "It's going to be different than what we’re doing now. And we’ll definitely be introducing songs."

During the making of The Great Escape Artist Farrell toyed with the idea of doing the album live from start to finish or opening the show with an abbreviated set of new songs. Ultimately, though, the new material will co-exist in concert with the classic Jane's material because Farrell knows that's what fans want: "I want these young people to say, before I die, I saw them in concert."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... s-20110930
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
henry
Power Tools

Post by henry »

Ticketmaster apparently released more tickets for Monday, October 3. I picked up a pair on http://www.ticketmaster.com/ just a couple of minutes ago.
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

I managed to get a ticket for tonight's show. I'll post set-list as its happening and any other pertinent info through my twitter account here: http://twitter.com/LAwomanPhoto
:party:
www.lawomanphotography.com
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

:rockon:
janesaddiction.org
blg
Power Tools

Post by blg »

For any of you going tonight, can you post what time Jane's takes the stage? I'm going tomorrow and would like to know for various reasons, but mostly so I don't miss the start since I have to work tomorrow.
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

blg wrote:For any of you going tonight, can you post what time Jane's takes the stage? I'm going tomorrow and would like to know for various reasons, but mostly so I don't miss the start since I have to work tomorrow.
I have been told that they are going on at 9PM sharp. I'll report back once I get home tonight. :)
www.lawomanphotography.com
blg
Power Tools

Post by blg »

vikkivale wrote:
blg wrote:For any of you going tonight, can you post what time Jane's takes the stage? I'm going tomorrow and would like to know for various reasons, but mostly so I don't miss the start since I have to work tomorrow.
I have been told that they are going on at 9PM sharp. I'll report back once I get home tonight. :)
Cool, thanks!
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

a friend on fb has an extra ticket if anyone is interested let me know!

and for the ones going, YAY!!! have fun!!! :party: