7/5/07 Academy, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Archived Perry & Satellite Party tour dates, reviews, and info
col
Black Radio Club

7/5/07 Academy, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Post by col »

Wow, Satellite Party rocked tonite!!!!
Perry smiled from beginning to end and looked like he was enjoying every minute. As expected, lots of crowd interaction.
Carls bass went pop and Nuno started off Jane Says, Perry sang a few lines but didn't seem to want to carry it on.
We got (from the setlist)

stop!
insanity rains
kinky
stealing
hard life
ain't no right
dog star
Mr sunshine
mountain song
milky ave
celebrate
ultra payloaded

Mountain song was immense, as were hardlife, dogstar and ultra payloaded.

Come back soon.
irnjaw
Black Radio Club

Post by irnjaw »

Yesterday morning I was up at 7am to go to work, I got finished at lunch time and made my way 177 miles down to Newcastle to see SP. My god, was it worth it? They were fantastic.

Perry Farrell endeared himself to the crowd by talking about the city, and I thought this was a great touch for the locals. Half the crowd chanted "Perry, Perry" the other half shouted "Nuno, Nuno". I was so glad to see the support Nuno had from this audience and hope this inspired many more visits to this island. Also another notable point was the number of Scottish accents I heard around me, so there was more than just me travelling across the border to see these people.

PLEASE COME TO SCOTLAND FOR US. T in the Park doesn't count!!!!

Although England is new to the whole smoking ban which came into force less than a week ago, it was a shame to see the security take Nuno's cigarette from him onstage. Rules are rules, though, Nuno!! It was KFiggs anyway!!

I love when bands show their human side, and as Col said, there was a slight mix up between the start of Milk Ave and another song I didn't recognise, as I'm not originally a Farrell fan. The band seemed very well gelled, and long may it last because - to coin a phrase - THEY ROCKED.

Just when fate rears her head and makes all good things come to an end, it was back up the A1 for me, back to Perth and hating every minute of the fact that the guys will be 20 miles from my house tomorrow at T in the Park and I will not be there.
I'm the one you love
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Thanks for the setlist and info col and thanks for the review irnjaw!
I never tire of reading this stuff. :)
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
col
Black Radio Club

Post by col »

I forgot to mention 6 of us went, 3 of which had never heard a single note by SP.

They came out absolutely blown away!!!!!
col
Black Radio Club

Post by col »

Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Very nice review.
Thanks for the link col.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."