9/5/07 - The Fillmore at Irving Plaza, New York, NY

Archived Perry & Satellite Party tour dates, reviews, and info
bman
Music Machine

9/5/07 - The Fillmore at Irving Plaza, New York, NY

Post by bman »

I'll be at Irving Plaza on wednesday and at the Philly show on thursday..
Please keep it rocking Perry..
Any news on a NYC Flashmob??
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

Very Big Crowd..
I showed up way too early and met Mink in Union Square. I then saw them in Virgin records mega store and thought they were really good..Kinda like Strokes but more catchy..I spoke with the bassist and the drummer who are very nice people. The bassist is also a big Perry fan and saw Janes in 91. We talked a bit about why Nuno left (I told him that I thought it was b/c of all the Janes songs..but he thought it was even more than that..

Anyway..After many drinks, SP comes on to a very big crowd..They open with Dogstar..They then play (out of order)..Just B/C, Tahitian moon, Super hero, mountain song, Pets, Hard Life Easy, Celebrate, BCS, Ultra Payloaded Encore Stop and Jane Says.
I'm probably missing something. Good show..They sounded real good but I need a lot more..
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

sounds like an awesome time in NY!!!! I really dig Mink!!! Stella and Grant are totally cool and down to earth!!I just read somewhere yesterday or something that neal the singer was on rockstar inxs last year...I thought he looked familer! I bet hes glad he DIDNT get picked
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Hey bman, sounds like you had a good time. :party:
Glad to hear it!

I found a clip of Jane Says on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaWzAwFWVR4
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Heather
Luddite

setlists

Post by Heather »

I went to Austin and Houston and it was the same set both nights except one change in the encore. It sounds like they're playing the same set still. Time to change it up boys (and Etty of course)! I love the set, don't get me wrong, but a couple of surprises would be awesome.
Summertime rolls is winning for Denver, if they were to play only that one song it would be worth the trip!
paintsrdri
Radio Tokyo

Post by paintsrdri »

Nothing's Shocking wrote:Hey bman, sounds like you had a good time. :party:
Glad to hear it!

I found a clip of Jane Says on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaWzAwFWVR4
:happydrink:
"Pero Los Queremos"
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Dance, Bitch: Satellite Party Means What It Says
Our friend James Herrity (aka Eddie East) went down to the Fillmore New York at Irving Plaza for last night’s Satellite Party show. Here’s what unfolded…

When Perry Farrell names a band “party,” that’s exactly what he means: Irving Plaza last night transformed itself into a full-fledged dance party. Perry’s back with his new band, complete with his hot Asian wife on backing vocals. It sure wasn’t Janes Addiction, but it was just as awesome.

I never did see manage to see Janes Addiction live when they were around. I was a little young during their heyday, and the reunion tours were just bad timing. This was the first time I had seen Perry, and I came away thoroughly impressed. He’s a big ball of drug-fueled energy. Bouncing around the stage like he were on a pogo stick, Perry’s vocals were spot on. The setlist was great, showing off a healthy mix of newer material and the “greatest hits” from Perry’s other incarnations.

Read on after the jump for more on last night’s Irving Plaza Dance Party…

The band was tight. Not only did they play flawlessly, but you could tell the kind of sound Perry was looking for simply by the band’s name. To be sure, they didn’t have that hard edge that was prevalent in “Strays” (Janes’ last studio effort), and even the songs played off of Strays had a different, danceable feel to them. “Just Because” was a little slower, and less rockin’, but with a groove behind it. Instead of screaming the chorus, Perry was a little more reserved, but it worked. The song sounded great. I think the mantra of the evening was: This is how the songs would sound if it were only Perry in control.

Swigging a bottle of wine on stage and pulling fans on stage, Perry tore through the rest of the set, stopping in between songs to talk to the audience and tell them how much he loves New York and his “family” here tonight.

The highlights for me would be Pets, Been Caught Stealin’ and the extended Jane Says. I was also pleasantly surprised that the newer songs I wasn’t too fond of on the new SP album were great live. The band was also great live. The guitarist and bassist were very animated and extremely talented. No Dave Navarro and Eric Avery, but we may not have heard such different versions of some older tunes if Dave and Eric were playing as well. I highly recommend seeing these guys if they come to your neck of the woods.

Perry Farrell’s Satellite Party – 9/5/07 – Irving Plaza, New York City
Wish Upon A Dog Star
Just Because
Tahitian Moon
Mountain Song
Hard Life Easy
Superhero
Pets
Only Love, Let’s Celebrate
Been Caught Stealin’
Ultra Payloaded

Encore:
Stop!
Intro Jam >
Band Intros >
Jane Says
http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/?p=998/
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

I found this clip on youtube.
It's not a song but it's pretty damn cool anyway.
The Irving plaza erupted Wens. It was full energy. then someone threw a drink. I looked over and see these two HUGE dudes push off each other. clearly it was ON! I looked over to the security guy I know that always guards the backstage door. so he gets on the walkie talkie to call the calvery. RIGHT THEN Perry is WILDLY staring these thick neck dudes down. the song ends and I roughly quote Perry " now here is whats up, there are two huge guys down here ready to fight and its pretty clear that it would be a pretty nasty fight, but this is the Satellite Party and we have to transcend that so lets all insist that they shake hands.,,, SHAKE HANDS MAN!": EVEYONE started yelling shake! shake! and they did. I managed to get the end of what Perry said. let love rule!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIdmQOi0FiE
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Here's a short but sweet slide show of pics I found on flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sebasalmei ... arty/show/