10/6/07 - L.A. Weekly Detour Music Festival, Los Angeles, CA

Archived Perry & Satellite Party tour dates, reviews, and info
Mike
Addicted Archivist

10/6/07 - L.A. Weekly Detour Music Festival, Los Angeles, CA

Post by Mike »

I found this ad on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stpD4yUJb-4
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

L.A.'s Detour Festival Gears Up For Round Two

September 25, 2007, 4:30 PM ET

Mitchell Peters, L.A.

After drawing approximately 12,000 concertgoers to last year's inaugural LA Weekly Detour Music Festival, held in the streets of downtown Los Angeles, this year's Oct. 6 event on Main and 1st Streets is expected to draw similar numbers, organizers tell Billboard.com.

Thanks to a lineup that includes Bloc Party, Justice, Satellite Party, Kinky, the Comedians of Comedy, Turbonegro, Teddybears, Moving Units, the Raveonettes, Shout Out Louds and Autolux, ticket sales are "on par from last year," says Phil Blaine, director of festivals for Los Angeles-based Goldenvoice, which has partnered with LA Weekly to produce the event.

"At this point, 20,000 people is the most we'd want it to get to," Blaine says. "If there was a bigger band available we'd move it ... but we're really in love with being right around City Hall."

Tickets for Detour went on sale Aug. 30 for $35.50, with a portion of the proceeds to benefit the non-profit organization Tree People, which works to find sustainable solutions to urban ecosystem problems.

This year's Detour will completely surround Los Angeles City Hall, whereas last year's covered 180 degrees, Blaine notes. "It's like a mini Coachella, six months after Coachella," says Goldenvoice's Donna Busch, who exclusively books Los Angeles' El Rey Theatre and the Music Box at the Fonda. "But because it's downtown, people can just drive there or take the metro. It's super easy."

There are challenges, however, in organizing a city-located music festival. Along with attaining the proper permits and collaborating with city officials, business owners and local residents to make sure everything runs smoothly, one main obstacle is closing off streets in downtown L.A.

Being that most downtown businesses don't close until 6 p.m., Goldenvoice can't start load-in until 8 p.m. on Oct. 5. "And we have to be up and running by noon on Saturday," Busch explains. "So the staff is working late into the night to get the stages built, and the sound and lights set up."
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/art ... 1003646453
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

October 5, 2007
Get Perry Farrell's Autograph Tomorrow

The kids behind tomorrow's Detour Festival are doing some interesting things to make your October street festie experience sweeter.

Detour will be that joyful noise you hear downtown tomorrow starring Bloc Party, Justice, Satellite Party, Kinky, Comedians of Comedy,Turbonegro, Teddybears, Moving Units, The Raveonettes, Shout Out Louds, Autolux, Celebrity Skin, The Aliens, Aggrolites, Busy P, DJ Mehdi, Sebastian, Kavinsky, So Me, Noisettes, Cool Kids, The Deadly Syndrome, Scissors for Lefty, Johnossi, Augie March, Nico Vega, Mink, Franki Chan, Travis Keller, and Bruce Perdew

One thing they're doing is encouraging people to ride Metro to get down there. This is something we recommend too. If there's one place that our limited subway goes to very nicely it's downtown. Plus there's nothing better than to be able to drink, enjoy the music, and not have to worry about driving home (or drunk drivers).

In fact one lucky Metro rider will win a pair of tickets to next year's Coachella.

Another nice thing happening tomorrow is concert-goers will have the chance to get the autographs for some of their favorite bands and artists, including Lollapalooza founder, Jane's Addiction frontman, and Satellite partier Perry Farrell.

If you don't have your tix yet, don't sweat it, they will be on sale tomorrow at the gate, $40 cash.

Autograph times after the jump...

Detour Autograph Times

3pm - Augie March
3:30pm - Mink
4pm - The Aggrolites
4:30pm - Scissors for Lefty
5pm - The Deadly Syndrome
5:30pm - The Aliens
6pm - Johnossi
6:30pm - The Noisettes
7pm - Shout Out Louds
7:30pm - Kinky
8pm - Brian Posehn
8:30pm - Perry Farrell
10pm - Teddybears
11:15pm - Turbonegro

http://laist.com/2007/10/05/perry_farrell.php
janesayssitdown
Be Live

Post by janesayssitdown »

so the girl i went with, went to 2 or 3 janes addiction shows in 2003 and 2004.

shes been to awesome shows all around the world.

she knows her music, writes for some online magazines and shit like that.

anyways, i could go on and on about how awesome she is, but thats not the point.....

the point is, shes a fan but far removed from xiola.org bulllllllshit and stuff like that.

but yeah, during hard life easy tonight i looked over at her and said "im ready to go when ever you are" and she said "ok lets go now."

so as soon as we got far enough away to talk she looked over at me and said "dude, that was fucking pathetic."

epic words from an epic woman.

but yeah, then i ran into brian posehn and got a picture with him so it was worth it.

i have to give perry credit though, the ehco on his voice was perfect. just because was cool, and mountain song actually sounded decent. however, tahitian moon has been ruined for me, whatever soul the song had has been ruined, it sounded like a straight rock song. celebrate and hard life easy both BLEWWWW. the new guitarist couldnt do nunos parts or something.

but, autolux and justice were cool.

bloc party sucked though.........

ill scan my ticket and the pamplet for you later.
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

ive been to a couple janes shows back in the 90's,seen p4P in 96 and satellite party twice this tour.and a 100 different bands inbetwen and the SP shows were the best and funnest time ive had since the 90's
hummm well that sux yall left the show eairly,for me personally I wouldnt care if Perry didnt sing at all being in his presence is good enough for me. :)
to be fair i guess if I was at any other show other than a perry show and if the band sucked i would probley leave instead of wasting my time there but c'mon man this is perry farrell.wish u guys enjoyed it more :cry:
Everybody's Friend
Black Radio Club

Post by Everybody's Friend »

janesayssitdown wrote:so the girl i went with, went to 2 or 3 janes addiction shows in 2003 and 2004.

anyways, i could go on and on about how awesome she is, but thats not the point.....

the point is, shes a fan but far removed from xiola.org bulllllllshit and stuff like that.

but yeah, during hard life easy tonight i looked over at her and said "im ready to go when ever you are" and she said "ok lets go now."

so as soon as we got far enough away to talk she looked over at me and said "dude, that was fucking pathetic."

but yeah, then i ran into brian posehn and got a picture with him so it was worth it.

i have to give perry credit though, the ehco on his voice was perfect. just because was cool, and mountain song actually sounded decent. however, tahitian moon has been ruined for me, whatever soul the song had has been ruined, it sounded like a straight rock song. celebrate and hard life easy both BLEWWWW. the new guitarist couldnt do nunos parts or something.

This post will self-destruct via admin in 3.....2......1.....

:lol:
janesayssitdown
Be Live

yeah, but if he does that i wont scan the pamplet or my ticket for him.............
11-D
Power Tools

Post by 11-D »

janesayssitdown wrote:so the girl i went with, went to 2 or 3 janes addiction shows in 2003 and 2004.

were you sober ?
zdilla
L.A. Street Scene

Post by zdilla »

i can't believe u left janesayssitdown..what kind of fan are u.. :shock:
janesayssitdown
Be Live

11-D wrote:

were you sober ?
i was.

perry wasnt.

brian posehn wasnt either.