2008.11.20 El Cid, Los Angeles, CA

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

any crowd shots out there? I'm looking for me!
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

LizardWiz wrote:How come I don't see Vikki in any of the pictures that she took?
:dance2:
The photographer never ends up getting any pics of themselves :lol:
bman wrote:any crowd shots out there? I'm looking for me!
I think I may have one crowd shot...I'll check when I get home. :)
www.lawomanphotography.com
tvrec
L.A. Street Scene

Post by tvrec »

Nothing's Shocking wrote:
BTW I'm such a dork I'm trying to figure out which Club Lingerie show he's writing about. :lol:
Isn't this show referenced in Whores, or at least the bar dive?
michael_e
Black Radio Club

Awesome

Post by michael_e »

It was soo cool, LAst time i saw them was at the paladium, december 1990 with the pixies and primus. I remember that day as if it were last week. The great thing about a band comming back after a 10 year hiatus ( I never considered them back without Eric) is that all those memories were on hold. They froze in time. Now that they are back and Sound and (almost) look (man drugs took a tool) the same all of those memories for me came back. Man that nite at the PAladium was crazy . But whatever happened JAne's Addiction was there in that memory. For us, Those who were fans in the 90's It's just like Led Zepplin getting back together and playing in a bar. :twisted: if your reading this what's up Rey!!
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

I can't get over how fucking great these are...

This is Janes! It's as if 01-04 never happened. They sound so damn good. Please have a small US club tour.
Japhy
Be Live

Post by Japhy »

No ones leaving is just ridiculously good... the delay on the vocals, Dave ripping, Eric slapping the hell out of his bass... perk charging throughout...

We've all been there with this band - I ain't wishing for nothing... just taking one show at a time...

I'm so, so glad that 15 year old me discovered this band. I picture myself in Bill & Teds, going back in time to tell myself to buy Ritual in 1990!!!

Japh
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

scabdates wrote:I believe it's unspoken, but I so badly wish you captured all of Then She Did instead of, say, Ocean Size. BUT, the outro of Ocean Size was siiick.

Though I am certainly not complaining, this was some of the best 24 minutes of video I've ever seen. And the three songs you left out recording were definitely the right choices!

So what's left for them to perform, after the 3 performances thus far this year?

I Would For You
My Time
Summertime Rolls
Idiots Rule
Suffer Some
Slow Divers
Kettle Whistle
Obvious
Three Days
Of Course
Classic Girl
Ripple
My Cat's Name is Maceo (? ha)
Interesting post scabdates.
Lots of things in it that I want to touch on.

First off thanks for figuring out what they've yet to play from the catalog.
I want to hear them do all of those.

Hell if that was some facsilime of their next shows set list I'd be happy.
All great tunes except maybe Maceo.
Don't get me wrong I like Maceo but the best way to describe my feeling for it is I never "crave it".
Hope that makes sense.
scabdates wrote:They need to hurry up on Idiots Rule, and play it once more with "George Bush rules!" before January 20 :dance2:
The first time I heard Perry sing it that way I almost pissed myself.
I'd love to hear him do that again. :cool:
scabdates wrote:Something tells me Of Course is never coming back.. which would be a damn shame. We'll see.

:perrygreen:
Please explain why you think that?
I'm very curious and think I know what your response will be.
scabdates wrote:You all do realize this is the first time we've seen Perry and Eric EXCHANGING smiles, and working together on the stage... in probably 20 years? Amazing.
I dunno.
I can't believe things were so bad that they never shared a smile in 1989, 1990, or 1991.
They had to have at least once. ;)
Regardless I hope the smiles flow freely and often here on out. :)
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

tvrec wrote:
Nothing's Shocking wrote:
BTW I'm such a dork I'm trying to figure out which Club Lingerie show he's writing about. :lol:
Isn't this show referenced in Whores, or at least the bar dive?
Yeah it's talked about in there.
I don't think they say which bar and my copy of Whores is in a box somewhere at the moment.

Anyway I know Psi-Com played Club Lingerie a bunch.
Jane's not so much.
Two shows are all that are known at this time.

10/01/1986 - Club Lingerie, Hollywood, CA
http://janesaddiction.org/tour/tour_det ... tourID=412

12/10/1986 - Club Lingerie, Hollywood, CA
http://janesaddiction.org/tour/tour_det ... ourID=1156

I'd bet money they played there on other dates.

If and it's a big if those are the only two dates they played there as Jane's it will be easy to figure out which date maybe.

At the October show they were one of two support bands.

Come December they were the headliner.

Maybe Eric remembers it one way or the other. :inspiration:
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
scabdates
Radio Tokyo

Post by scabdates »

Watching "No One's Leaving"... Eric at 1:32 is priceless. Also, Perry revives that song in such a brilliant way, so damn glad it's back after 17 years, one of the best for sure.

Regarding "Of Course," it would require a fifth member, and also Eric was never feelin' it on that song. Though, they really should bring it back as a true testament. I just feel as though they're spending their energy on "Three Days," "Summertime Rolls," and "Kettle Whistle."

I do understand the lack of enthusiasm with "Maceo," I was just trying to be all-encompassing with that list. :cool:

Man, I really hope they play an acoustic set on New Year's Eve. Would take care of a bunch of the unplayed songs, and they could end 2008 with "Jane Says."

I'm sure they did have a bit of fun in 90/91, but this is just still so unbelievable and reaffirming of their legacy. Smiles speak volumes.

Listening to "Ripple" on repeat right now... damn, it's good. Would be wild if they busted it out, or any of the other covers.
The sea is a very easy place
To disappear.. drift away
Fall asleep.. make your peace