2009.10.31 City Park, New Orleans, LA

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
Mudget
Xenon West

Post by Mudget »

I know man! The perfect trifecta! Jane's Addiction - New Orleans - Halloween! Although they may actually be headlining on Friday or Sunday. My guess is the headliner on Halloween night is gonna be KISS.

I'm curious to see if Jane's plays the NINJA setlist at Lollapalooza/Voodoo or if they change it up or add in either of the new songs. I made a list yesterday of all the Jane's Addiction songs I've seen and haven't seen live.

I have seen: Ocean Size, Ain't No Right, Then She Did, Stop!, Three Days, Mountain Song, Summertime Rolls, Jane Says, Classic Girl, Chip Away, Ted Just Admit It, I Would For You, Up the Beach, Been Caught Stealing, True Nature, Strays, Wrong Girl, To Match the Sun, Just Because, The Riches, Price I Pay, and thanks to the NINJA tour: Whores, Pigs in Zen, and Had a Dad.

The songs I've never seen live are (from xxx): Trip Away, 1%, My Time, Rock & Roll, Sympathy (from Nothing's Shocking): Standing in the Shower...Thinking, Idiots Rule, Thank You Boys (from Ritual de lo Habitual): No One's Leaving, Obvious, Of Course (from Strays): Superhero, Everybody's Friend, Suffer Some, Hypersonic (from other stuff): Kettle Whistle, Bobhaus, 1970, Don't Call Me Nigger, Ripple, My Cat's Name is Maceo, So What!, Slow Divers, City Song, LA Medley.

I think I'm just very into lists.
Jasper
The Co Co Club

Post by Jasper »

Sounds great. Jane's, Halloween, and New Orleans - the land of dreams. I love New Orleans, man. The jazz, the crumbling old buildings, the live oaks covered with moss.

Somebody send me a couple thousand, STAT!

$$$ :P $$$
Mudget
Xenon West

Post by Mudget »

Jasper wrote: Somebody send me a couple thousand, STAT!

$$$ :P $$$
lol

That's just exactly where I'm at!

:P
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

Any of you going to this? I'm on the fence...just want to go the day that JA are playing, but I can't find a schedule with that info. Anyone know?
www.lawomanphotography.com
Mudget
Xenon West

Post by Mudget »

I'm going.

No word yet on the official schedule but the rumor is that Jane's will be the festival closer (i.e. Sunday night). KISS will likely be the headliner on Halloween.

Apparently, every year, they add a bunch more big-name acts in September, just before the festival hits.

This year will probably not be different. There has been a drop - Eagles of Death Metal, and they were the headliner on another stage - so they will need to replace them. Also, the Beastie Boys, heavily rumored for this fest, obviously won't be there now. There's been a lot of speculation and rumors going around that Metallica, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Kings of Leon, may be adding.

So with all the jockeying positions and changing artists, I can't see an official daily schedule being posted until maybe sometime in September?
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

Thanks Mudget...I wasn't planning on going, but after seeing JA again at Lolla, I really want to go. The lack of vacation time is my determent. I guess I have some time to decide. Sounds like it will be amazing. :)
Mudget
Xenon West

Post by Mudget »

Although Voodoo Fest itself hasn't done any daily scheduling, if you poke around at various bands' websites, you can see the date they are listed to play.

And guess what?

At JanesAddiction.com, Jane's is listed as playing Voodoo Fest on 10/31 --- HALLOWEEN BABY!!!!

This is mixed emotions.

On the one hand, come on, Jane's on Halloween? Anyone remember 1997? Hammerstein Ballroom? Off the chains. On the other hand, I sincerely hope this doesn't mean Jane's is opening for KISS. That would be kinda .... meh.

I want Jane's to close my night, whichever one it is.

Still, Jane's on Halloween. HOOraw
Mudget
Xenon West

Post by Mudget »

The more I think about it, the more I hope they play No One's Leaving.

NOL

New Orleans Louisiana.

The letters work out, and it's a good message for NOL. Although, I'd probably be leaving until they built those levees right.

I was just looking through some of the early resurgence, pre-NINJA vids of this and last year (el cid, la cita, echoplex), and they were on fire. I hope they pull some of those songs back out (NOL, Standing in the Shower, 1%, Trip Away).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBbxZZsDB1Q
1% Echoplex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWEBhMO30-k
Standing in the Shower El Cid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OipjtFgw0y0
No One's Leaving El Cid

just saying....
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

They need to bring back Trip Away.
Mudget
Xenon West

Post by Mudget »

My biggest problem with them adding stuff like Trip, NOL, 1%, etc. is that I don't want them to drop anything. haha The NINJA lineup was pretty frickin sweet. Three Days, Then She Did, Ted, Ocean Size ...

I want it all.

End with Chip! End with Chip!