2008.04.23 El Ray Theatre, Los Angeles, CA

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
nestos
Xenon West

Post by nestos »

Shroomy wrote:Janes is back so looks like Satellite Party is DOA(Dead On Arrival). I hope not, I want to hear the new SP songs or P4P, not a rehash of old Jane's.
Not to rain on everyone's parade but i really hope this is a one-off thing or limited to a week or 2.
it makes sense

but with Eric in it,
a full bunch of new songs would surely find a little place in my collection

:biggrin:
The birds they build their home
Right above my head
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Jane's Addiction to reform for US NME Awards

Original line-up take to the stage in Los Angeles next week (Apr 23)

Apr 17, 2008

Jane's Addiction are set to reform especially for the US NME Awards next week (April 23).

The original line-up of singer Perry Farrell, guitarist Dave Navarro, drummer Stephen Perkins and bassist Eric Avery will perform.

The band who are picking up NME’s Godlike Genius Award for Extraordinary Services To Music at the ceremony at the El Rey Theatre, will also play for the first time since 2004.

Jane's Addiction follow the likes of New Order, Primal Scream and Glastonbury supremo Michael Eavis in picking up the Godlike Genius award.

Speaking to NME.COM about the reunion next week, singer Perry Farrell explained: "I could not be more excited to be playing with all of the original members of Jane’s Addiction – I’ve wanted to feel this way for a long time."

Guitarist Dave Navarro added: "Nothing has meant more to me in my creative life than my time with Jane's Addiction. I truly consider Perry, Eric and Stephen as having had the most profound impact on me as a musician and as an artist. I am looking forward to playing with these amazing talents again and sharing the magic of our music together, as we did when it was written."

The awards take place next week and will be streamed live on Myspace, head to Myspace.com/nmemagazine for more information.

Plus for more on the awards including nominees and details of the Awards Tour head to nme.com/awardsusa.
http://www.nme.com/news/nme-awards/35978
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

NME press release wrote:
The original line-up of singer Perry Farrell, guitarist Dave Navarro, drummer Stephen Perkins and bassist Eric Avery will perform.
Reading this in an official press release gives me chills.
Shroomy
Radio Tokyo

Post by Shroomy »

nestos wrote:
Shroomy wrote:Janes is back so looks like Satellite Party is DOA(Dead On Arrival). I hope not, I want to hear the new SP songs or P4P, not a rehash of old Jane's.
Not to rain on everyone's parade but i really hope this is a one-off thing or limited to a week or 2.
it makes sense

but with Eric in it,

If Perry and Eric are really thinking of writing some new music its gonna require some extradimensional time travel via Timothy Leary grade acid. I hope not to hear Strays part II.
zdilla
L.A. Street Scene

Post by zdilla »

Shroomy..would you fight me.. :roll:
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

zdilla wrote:Shroomy..would you fight me.. :roll:
:Drama:
had to do it lol
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
zdilla
L.A. Street Scene

Post by zdilla »

Shroomy wrote:
nestos wrote:
it makes sense

but with Eric in it,

If Perry and Eric are really thinking of writing some new music its gonna require some extradimensional time travel via Timothy Leary grade acid. I hope not to hear Strays part II.
dude..if perry and eric wrote music together..i think i would become healthier...my soul would be a little healed!!!!...

i hope eric and the rest of the guys have a blast at the awards show.....!!

:)
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

well here we are guys and gals the moment weve been waiting for,for 17yrs :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:party: :jumping: :happydrink: :cheers: :redguydancing:

Jane's Addiction Reunites For NME Awards
Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 2:02PM
Perry Farrell, Dave Navarro, Eric Avery and Stephen Perkins, better known to fans collectively as Jane's Addiction, will take the stage together for the first time since 1991 tonight at the NME Awards USA ceremony.
The event, which takes place at the EL Rey Theatre in Los Angeles, is designed to raise the profile of the struggling U.K. magazine in the States.
In addition to Jane's Addiction, which is picking up the Godlike Genius Award, trophies will go to Mick Jones of The Clash and Big Audio Dynamite for Inspirational Award and the Lemonhead's "It's a Shame About Ray" for Classic Album Award.
Jones' current band Carbon/Silicon, which also features Tony James of Generation X, will perform, as will Lemonhead's frontman Evan Dando.
Although the ceremony is closed to the public, it will be streamed live on MySpace.com, which is partnering on the event with Goldenvoice and NME.
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

theres a special someone whos getting shafted again it looks like,im not mentioning names again but u can read the comment take a look for yourselfs

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=79039573
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

bulletin from NME'S~~~~for those of you who dont have a myspace :roll: lol
Its here!!!! Yup, the first ever NME Awards USA takes place tonight (April 23 in the US) at the El Rey Theatre in glitzy Los Angeles at 9pm (PST).

Good news is you can follow all the action as it happens simply by heading to NME's MySpace page at Myspace. com/nmemagazine from 9pm (PST), where you'll find a full live broadcast of the event. For those of you in the UK, that's 5am (BST) on April 24th due to time difference.

Your hosts for the evening will be singer Har Mar Superstar and comedian/actor Jim Jeffries.

The night's entertainment will include live performances from Jane's Addiction, The Lemonheads, Mick Jones' Carbon/Silicon, Does It Offend You Yeah? plus a host of special guests.

Of course, tomorrow NME will be bringing you up to date with all that has been going down at the Awards.
So make sure you come and visit us as NME. com tomorrow.
gosh could midnight PLEASE get here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!