Mention of Perry on Spread radio

Jane's Addiction news & discussion
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Mention of Perry on Spread radio

Post by vikkivale »

I caught some of Dave's internet broadcast earlier tonight and he said that MTV contacted him to ask if he would present an award with Perry at the VMAs and he said "Like thats gonna happen". He was saying that there would be a better chance of them playing a song together before they'd ever present an award. But then, reiterated again that he has no ill will for Perry.
www.lawomanphotography.com
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

It's interesting that Perry and Dave are still being asked to do things together.
I guess some people can't get over the fact that they've all moved on to other things.
Thanks for posting that vikkivale. :)
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
sonny
Drama Queen

Re: Mention of Perry on Spread radio

Post by sonny »

vikkivale wrote:I caught some of Dave's internet broadcast earlier tonight and he said that MTV contacted him to ask if he would present an award with Perry at the VMAs and he said "Like thats gonna happen". He was saying that there would be a better chance of them playing a song together before they'd ever present an award. But then, reiterated again that he has no ill will for Perry.
interesting...
pyro99
Power Tools

Post by pyro99 »

Coincidence that it seems like Dave is trying to come around to Perry. Maybe because TPC isn't doing so well? My guess. Maybe he just completely respects him and some time has passed to not harbour any illwill, which will be cool. I just hope Janes doesn't get back together. That would be doing it for the money?
LizardWiz
Radio Tokyo

Post by LizardWiz »

OIC. So like Dave harbors no resentment and ill will towards Perry, yet he would flat out refuse to present an award with him? Yeah I see this relationship is getting patched up as we speak. :hammers:
creep
Be Live

Post by creep »

i kind of took it as dave saying perry would never do it so it will never happen and i'm sure perry would never do it
sonny
Drama Queen

Post by sonny »

creep wrote:i kind of took it as dave saying perry would never do it so it will never happen and i'm sure perry would never do it
yeah, me too... when is the last time you saw perry at an awards show, especially mtv... even dave knows perry wouldn't do it.
subculture
The Co Co Club

Post by subculture »

I agree with you guys.

It was Perry that backed out of the GM event when Dave was posing like Zoolander.

:lol:
esqfool
Power Tools

Post by esqfool »

LOLOLOL @ Zoolander.

Dave's just trying to stay on Perry's good side since he knows that probably some shitheads with a Myspace page outsold his packaged product, marketed band. However, what good does it do now when you dump and shit on Perry back in '04. Perry needs to reunite with Eric, Pete D should make it happen. Just the 3 of them and a drummer. Tear shit up once and for all.

Someone said he had Martyn on the phone as well. I really like Marty and feel bad for what supposedly happened. He seems over it as well though. Guess time heals everything.
pheral
Luddite

Post by pheral »

sonny wrote: yeah, me too... when is the last time you saw perry at an awards show, especially mtv... even dave knows perry wouldn't do it.
Perry and Dave did in fact present an award at of the MTV Europe Music Awards in 2003 and here's pictures to prove it.