Essence_Smith
Power Tools

Post by Essence_Smith »

Excellent...
[img]http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/110560.gif[/img]
ant
Black Radio Club

Post by ant »

I honestly don't think that Dave harbours any ill will toward Perry and I don't think that Perry hates Dave either though I'm sure he was really hurt by what went down at the end of '03/begining of '04.

There's a much better chance that Perry, Dave and Perk will play together again than Perry and Eric playing together. The only I hope I still keep alive that all four members will perform again together is that they can put aside their differences when they are inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame. Should be 2012. I do not want to see any other bassist up there when that happens. If Eric cannot put aside his differences for that one evening then I will have lost some respect for him.

If anyone else is gonn abe up there in Eric's absence it should be Flea.
the real [b]ant[/b], now don't be fuckin' around
subculture
The Co Co Club

Post by subculture »

I think its interesting in both pictures Perry is focussing else where than with Dave. Look through his glasses.
And I agree about Flea.

DUDE IS SICK!
NiGHTS
Power Tools

Post by NiGHTS »

Y'know, if people keep asking them both to present stuff together like this; sure, Dave's gona be refusing at first, but the more times he gets asked, and as time goes on and everyone's much more chilled out, one time he'll get asked to do *something* with Perry and he'll think 'Weeeeell...'
SR
Radio Tokyo

Post by SR »

I can't imagine WHY Perry would want to work with Dave again. Dave complains about the "state" of the music industry while he is the pied piper of contrived pre-packaged milky white toast television shows masquerading as cutting edge dangerous R&R. :roll:
VERITAS
Ellis
Power Tools

Post by Ellis »

SR wrote:I can't imagine WHY Perry would want to work with Dave again. Dave complains about the "state" of the music industry while he is the pied piper of contrived pre-packaged milky white toast television shows masquerading as cutting edge dangerous R&R. :roll:
:lol:
perfectly stated.
NiGHTS
Power Tools

Post by NiGHTS »

Actually, it sort of makes you think -

Was Perry asked the same thing?

And what did he say?
Electric Funeral
Black Radio Club

Post by Electric Funeral »

sonny wrote:
creep wrote:i kind of took it as dave saying perry would never do it so it will never happen and i'm sure perry would never do it
yeah, me too... when is the last time you saw perry at an awards show, especially mtv... even dave knows perry wouldn't do it.
actually perry had to dj dates back in february of this year. one in nashville and one in new york. the new york one was an awards show.
sonny
Drama Queen

Post by sonny »

Electric Funeral wrote:
sonny wrote:
creep wrote:i kind of took it as dave saying perry would never do it so it will never happen and i'm sure perry would never do it
yeah, me too... when is the last time you saw perry at an awards show, especially mtv... even dave knows perry wouldn't do it.
actually perry had to dj dates back in february of this year. one in nashville and one in new york. the new york one was an awards show.
which awards show?

he also did mtv europe video awards w/ dave if i remember right...
StickyFingers
One West

Post by StickyFingers »

sonny wrote: he also did mtv europe video awards w/ dave if i remember right...
It was funny...Perry and Dave (dressed up like pimps) introducing The White Stripes: aaaaand..the winner iiiiiisss.....!!!!
they also played a short set in Edinburgh near an old castle,beautiful landscape, (with Black Rebel Motorcycle among the others);cool version of "True Nature",Perry with a bottle of Jagermeister always near him :P and Perka with a "Rat's Hole" shirt..... :biggrin:
-You are not the boss of me-